Director, Residential and Small Business Pricing
Director, Residential and Small Bus Pricing
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Director will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing pricing strategy for all of company’s residential and small business products and services. He/she will supervise a team of pricing managers and analysts that support and collaborate with the rest of the Product group and the Marketing teams. This role will report to the AVP of Product Analytics and Pricing and will be in Irving, TX.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee implementation of standard and promotional pricing for company’s residential and small business market segment(s).
- Manage a team of 2-4 pricing managers and analysts
- Build, maintain and apply segment level elasticity curves for our most important features
- Direct and leverage quantitative research or A/B testing as necessary to drive elasticity and willingness to pay
- Build robust financial model incorporating elasticity and share implications from discrete choice research and or elasticity curves
- Scenario planning to reflect potential competitive dynamics and responses
- Assure effective collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Call Centers, Sales, Finance, Engineering, and other internal stakeholders to ensure a successful pricing strategy
- Maintain a thorough understanding of key competitor pricing strategies and insure that company products and services remain competitively positioned to achieve strategic objectives
- Insure that necessary metrics are tracked, regularly reported, analyzed, and corrective tactical actions taken, as needed
- Creation, validation, and tracking of measurable business case models that support pricing actions
- Ad-Hoc analysis and financial modeling
- Provide proactive thought leadership and drive competitive pricing principles throughout the organization
Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, or Mathematics necessary; MBA, or equivalent, strongly preferred
- 10+ years in a pricing, financial planning, and/or financial analysis role
- Strong leader with prior management and supervisory experience
- Proven success in developing and implementing market based, competitive pricing strategies
- Background in telecommunication pricing preferred
- Background in subscription television service pricing preferred
- Experience in working with call centers a plus
- Exceptional analytical and spreadsheet modeling skills
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact directly with company executives
- Self-directed, with demonstrated ability to, when warranted, take the initiative
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.