Mission: To design and manage a standard and reliable network that supports current and future products and services for our customers.
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Network Engineer for this posting is to understand and design access serving electronics providing network engineering services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detail Broadband design engineers
- Order creation and processing
- Remote cabinet placement and design standards
- Issue project to maintain port capacity DSLAMs/OLTs
- Issue Congestion Relief projects to minimize customer impact
- CAF2 lead contact for site costing, gating, engineering and deployment
- Manage M6 COEREV and BLDCOE queues
- Ensure intervals are met
- Implement process improvements to streamline process
- Engineer Access equipment for FTTH OLT(XGS-PON, G-PON) network deployments
- Ensure Architecture and Planning standards are adhered to
- EoC Project detailed design (including repeaters)
- Issue work orders to groom/migrate customers:
- NGB/BRAS migrations of DSLAMs
- OLT migrations
- BPON to GPON grooming
- DSLAM to DSLAM grooming
- Process Automation Initiatives – orchestration
Equipment Knowledge of:
- Nokia – 73XX
- Ciena ROADM Z77, Z33
- Coriant ROADM
- Adtran – OPTI6100, MX2820, TA5000, TA1X48
- Calix – C7, E3, E7
- Actelis – ML2300, ML648
- Work in and understand engineering systems:
- Infinium - work order estimating and material ordering system
- M6 - Circuit and equipment inventory and design system
- Varasset – Work Order Project Flow
- Various web-based programs
Specifications: Individuals filling this position must be able to work well under pressure, handle stress and be well versed in interoffice engineering and construction. They must also understand Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria. Individual must have good verbal and written communications skills.
Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal), and computer skills particularly around Microsoft Office products. B.S. in Engineering or equivalent is desirable or a minimum of 5 years of experience in a data or circuit-related position within the telecommunications space. Strong technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.