The Supply Chain Management department emphasizes a partnership with internal and external customers and external suppliers to increase overall value to our shareholders. The Supply Chain Management team is responsible for the implementation of nation-wide contracts relating to supply chain activities and related initiatives thereof. This process includes the implementation follow-through of contractual agreements necessary to maintain the satisfaction of our external and internal customers, while delivering substantial value to our business. This position will report to the Manager, Logistics Services.
Assure consistency of processes and procedures by reviewing project-related requisitions to assure best use of Frontier-owned assets, alignment of material arrival with most recent delivery requirement, and communication/coordination of additional details voiced/emailed by Engineer to Frontier Procurement and/or Anixter.
Perform Infinium transactions for project-to-project transfer of materials, junking of short reel lengths and obsolete material, and transfer to/from maintenance accounts as required to assure Installation-and-Repair materials are properly accounted for and in alignment with Frontier Accounting GLs.
- Coordinate pre and post-order expediting of all urgent/special-requirement project line items.
- Promote standardization of product bill of material by minimizing one-off purchases via substitution of contracted items.
- Provide final audit/validation-point for GL account codes and tax notations prior to Supplier fulfillment.
- Through the use of Infinium and Anixter reporting tools:
- Initiate change in inventory stocking levels at remote (unmanned) locations to include closure or location-change of cable, pole, and/or contractor yards.
- Provide direction to Anixter Supervisors and Storekeepers to assure on-hand materials are aligned with current project requirements at Anixter staffed Service Center locations.
- Provide pre-ordering recommendations for support of penalty-related, local-regional projects.
- Provide analysis of monthly reports
- Provide detailed analysis for quarterly and annual write-off recommendations.
- Provide coordination of all annual inventories for both Anixter and Frontier owned material including orchestration of pre-inventory Contractor meetings.
- Provide training/monitoring for correct submission and processing of accounting transfer-documents (Material Transaction Forms) and Reel Record Log-sheets to Anixter. Assure that the process-flow facilitates correct and timely closure of Projects by Regional Closers.
- Assist in periodic audits to support alignment of optimal practices and procedures for Supply Chain Management.
- Assist in periodic audits to insure alignment of ordering practices between Frontier entities and external suppliers.
- Support audit requests from Frontier Internal Audit, externally sponsored Frontier auditing firms, audits related to minority spend programs, and state sponsored tax audits.
- Perform work related to special projects and/or assignments as required.
Skills & Requirements:
“New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation.”
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation).
- Strong analytical background. Ability to trace from a report back to source data for resolution of issues.
- Ability to support a team environment of shared work, shared success.
- Possesses information gathering skills and an investigative mind-set.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exhibits good presentation skills related to communications between Frontier and external suppliers.
- Extended periods of sitting, travel 3-4 times each year for 1-3 day periods, some walking, ability to take inventory at remote locations 3-4 times per year.
- BA/BS Concentration in Business preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in Procurement, Logistics, Finance, Accounting.
- Knowledge of Procurement or Logistics systems a plus (Oracle, Infinium, SAP)
- Knowledge of telecommunications materials and general accounting rules as they relate to inventory transactions.
- Field experience in telecommunications outside plant and/or central office activities desired, but not a requirement. Stockroom experience 3-5 years and/or combination of telecommunications and stockroom experience combined.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.