Building Services Technician
INTERNAL POSTING DATES: 2/21/20 to 3/4/20
Repair, trouble shoot and maintain corporate Frontier Building Assets, to include the following Building Equipment and Systems: perform all assigned maintenance and inspections of HVAC equipment and systems, perform plumbing repairs; perform maintenance and inspections of Fire Alarm Systems, and perform maintenance and be able to monitor/modify systems programs and set points on all B.A.S equipment systems using computer interface; perform maintenance on electrical equipment, perform scheduled PM's and inspections; maintain building appearances and perform other duties as assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Performs building maintenance engineering and other miscellaneous maintenance/repair duties which include moving, changing, trouble-shooting and repairing mechanical and electrical building systems/ devices (fire alarms, security, lighting, elevators, air conditioning, kitchen, plumbing, etc.)
2. Reads and interprets drawings and specifications
3. Tests and diagnoses trouble using specialized tools and test equipment
4. Performs functional routines and adjustments/repairs on complex building systems/ equipment.
5. Programs digital building electronic automation systems.
6. Analyzes system problem printouts and takes appropriate action.
7. Gathers/records data and prepares reports
8. Orders material, parts, and building supplies as required.
9. Makes decisions based on analysis, technical knowledge, and capabilities of equipment.
10. Follows all appropriate laws, Company policies and procedures.
11. May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
1. Requires 5 years prior commercial/ industrial on-the-job training HVAC experience (boilers/chillers), hold a valid universal refrigerant license, will be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service oriented.
2. Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and/or digital theory.
3. Working knowledge of HVAC electrical systems.
4. Working knowledge of B.A.S., fire alarm and plumbing systems.
5. Working knowledge of, and manual dexterity to use, various hand and power tools and associated test equipment.
6. Working knowledge of automated building controls.
7. Demonstrated effectiveness to interpret and use blueprints/schematics/wiring diagrams/manufacturer’s specifications.
8. Working knowledge of job-related equipment.
9. Physical condition to perform job duties including seeing/hearing; fingering/feeling/handling/ reaching; bending/crouching/squatting/kneeling; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying weights in excess of 50 pounds while climbing ladders (heavy work).
10. Able to work from a stepladder, climb to rooftops and ascend and descend by extension and/or stationary ladders.
11. Demonstrated effective communication skills.
12. Basic keyboard skills, alpha and numeric.
13. No diagnosed condition(s) as defined by applicable state law(s) likely to cause loss of consciousness or control while driving and must be mentally alert to work around moving machinery and live electrical circuits.
14. May require a Building Engineer’s certification and licensing.
15. EPA Universal certification required (CFC).
16. Advanced knowledge of commercial air conditioning and heating.
17. Tolerance to work in confined spaces.
18. Able to perceive differences in color.
19. Working knowledge of organizing, planning, perceptual, and analytical skills.
20. Tolerance to work in outdoor environment and/or areas that are damp and dirty.
21. Tolerance to work with chemicals such as: refrigerants (freons), gasoline, lubricating oils/greases, number 2 diesel fuel, fiberglass, contact cleaner/solvents, acetylene, acetone, paints, silicone, ammonia, cement, asphalt, acids, rubber, methane (sewer gas), coal tar, and adhesives.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.