Local Manager - Construction
- This position supervises a workforce of OSPC field technicians that install and maintain both residential and business lines, OSP cable facilities hi-cap access services, and broadband services. The position duties include meeting service activation and repair commitment dates, maintaining revenue/expense objectives, and promoting of new and existing company products.
- Must interact and supervise associate workforce and vendor resources to coordinate and disseminate information to complete job assignments and work effectively with other departments to attain objectives.
- Must have a solid understanding of the business/department able to manage expense targets.
- Articulate business/departmental KPI’s to workgroups (i.e., can clearly set goals/objectives).
- Holds team accountable to clearly achieve results through coaching and performance management.
- Support and participate in the promotion of Company products.
- Work with Engineering and OpCen to monitor workload and schedule manpower and resources needed to meet workload demands, customer needs and company objectives.
- Responsible for determining and fulfilling the needs of the team for employee development and training.
- Interface with customers on escalations involving telephone-related service activity.
- Communicate with other departments, i.e. assignment, engineering, and OpCen in an effort to improve the coordination between these departments as well as the overall quality of service experience for our customers.
- Quality Control, i.e. tool inspections, building, and vehicle inspections, Quality assurance inspections, etc
- Provide Capital and expense Budget input as required.
- Analyze operational reporting and utilize statistical process control tools to identify performance opportunities and provide corrective action plans as required.
- Responsible for managing employee timesheet approval, email administration, Internal/external communications, procurement management, Varasset administration, and overtime equalization.
- Adhere to Company and Federal/State/Tribal/Local safety regulations.
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to field technical staff to ensure employee development, engagement, and business knowledge
- Leverages all employee communication vehicles and opportunities (weekly/monthly/quarterly/one-on-ones) to obtain feedback on departmental goals, gain input on action plans and modify direction as necessary, and to engage and to hold employees accountable to overall business operations and results.
- Utilizes and leverages existing employee recognition programs to reward key contributions and positively impact employee morale.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair, and consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training, and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the work
- Supports employees that directly interface with the customers by removing barriers, soliciting process improvement suggestions, and streamlining the work.
- Works with teams to ensure action plans are developed and ensures follow-up on customer issue resolution identified in action plans.
- 5 + years supervisory experience
- Must possess an expert understanding of telecommunications access installation and repair
- 2-3 years OSP installation and repair and troubleshooting experience
- Basic knowledge of FTTH and data networking
- Must be able to perform complex hardware/software research and provide first-level technical support
- Advanced knowledge of outside plant functions
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines
- Must possess a basic understanding of electronics, electrical circuitry, network installation, maintenance and testing
- Thorough knowledge of copper and fiber-based technologies
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and assist with problem resolution
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education, certification, and/or license requirements:
- Must possess a valid State driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must have a high school diploma
- BS/BA Degree preferred, or directly related experience
- Successful completion/certification in related technical fields desired
Environmental Factors/Physical Requirements:
- Must be available 24/7 to support off-shift technicians and emergency situations as needed
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.