Analyst, IT Technical
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier Communications is seeking a Technical Analyst with in-depth hands on development experience in architecting solutions. The Technical Analyst will work with other team members and other domain architects and developers to enhance enterprise applications. The perfect candidate will have hands on experience in implementing applications, integrate with other systems via REST, SOAP or connecting and storing data into SQL databases.
- Responsible for implementing technical solutions for customer care and service troubleshooting using Pega applications, REST APIs, Oracle SQL and other open sources and java frameworks.
- Hands on experience developing, deploying and supporting high-availability applications in production.
- Consulting with business analysts to understand requirements, develop, test and debug applications.
- Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed
- Analyze, design and/or develop best practice business changes through technology solutions
- Identify key performance alerts provided by the system and understand how to resolve the underlying issue
- Experience in Java development, Java frameworks and enterprise applications deployment.
- Experience writing and consuming REST / JSON web services and SOAP /XML web services.
- Knowledge of SQL query language and experience working with SQL Database systems preferably Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of Object-oriented Analysis and Design (OOA and OOD).
- Good working knowledge on Enterprise Class structure, security models, and service interfaces
- Good knowledge of Agile Development and DevOps model using JIRA / Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance practices using HP ALM, Load Runner, Selenium, Mockito.
- Ability to Analyze logs, Debug and Troubleshoot issues as well as analyze and resolve slow performance issues.
- Experience working with PEGA Systems applications is a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field or related work experience
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.