Mgr, Product Marketing Sr (Residential Broadband)
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Residential Broadband Senior Product Manager
The Residential Broadband Senior Product Manager is responsible for delivering world class Residential Broadband solutions from product/offer creation through the product lifecycle. This individual will work closely with the Video, Voice, FTR Secure and CPE Product Managers to provide solutions to support Business customer needs. They will also work closely with Marketing, Legal, Engineering, IT, Pricing, Sales, Support and all cross-functional teams to manage product/bundle implementation and ongoing support.
In addition, responsibilities include strategic and tactical planning, product recommendations, pricing support, offer creation and promotion of products across all segments. This includes analyzing Frontier product/bundle/offer results, industry and competitive trends to ensure that Frontier is planning for and incorporating critical technologies, processes and partnerships.
This person will be responsible for Residential fiber and copper broadband products including the day to day support and product performance. As Broadband is Frontier’s strategic product, its performance will greatly impact the performance of other products. The Residential Broadband Product Manager will provide consistent internal and external communications while promoting the customer experience, value, benefits, pricing, promotions, etc.
Lead Residential Broadband, Bundle and Offer initiatives including ensuring critical products and enhancements are developed, implemented and managed. Manage the lifecycle of the bundles; which includes all aspects of new offers, upsell strategy, retention and product integrity.
- Drive product performance to meet company KPIs, budget and forecast targets
- Development of the Residential Broadband & Bundles roadmap that extends up to 5 years into the horizon. Includes product management coordination of acquisition, upsell and retention offers.
- Analyze base and prospects to identify opportunities and risks to develop upsell/retention tools and pricing actions.
- Monitor and assess impact of market, technologies, product and competitive trends and incorporate into product roadmaps, product positioning, portfolio plans and related activities.
- Own and lead key initiatives that impact Residential Broadband to ensure these initiatives meet product goals and strategies. Many of these initiatives will be led by other groups requiring product input only but some will be led by the individual in this role
- Define product specifications and user experience, establish milestones and priorities, and work with technical project management to shepherd the development, implementation and launch of all products & initiatives.
- Work closely with engineering, IT, marketing, sales, support, legal, management and external partners to deliver optimal products and services.
- Assist in creation of budgets and forecasts while also ensuring product metrics and KPI’s are achieved (unit, revenue, margin, etc.). Identify opportunities and drive performance.
- Interface with new product development team to deploy new products from concept to service introduction including forecasts and budgets. Support the business case development of these initiatives
- Analyze base to identify opportunities and risks to develop upsell/retention tools and pricing actions.
- Leverage voice of the customer to make product improvements. This requires partnering with channel partners and sales.
- Use primary and secondary research to identify key consumer needs, define target segments, and determine product feature enhancement and direction
- Conduct competitive analysis responsible for overseeing and owning all product related communication across the business
- Manage other opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
- 10+ years of Telecommunications and/or Product Management, Marketing or Operational experience.
- In depth knowledge of Broadband products and technologies
- Experience in developing product roadmaps, offers, business cases, project management and accountability for delivering against business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or related post-graduate degree preferred.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of customer needs, product functionality and Frontier’s capabilities to deliver optimized end-to-end product management
- Quick learner with a strong work ethic and decision-making prowess.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions based upon market needs, competitive situations and best ROI (return on investment).
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven with a passion for delivering the optimal customer experience while making the best use of Frontier’s technology.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Must have strong analytical, reporting and organizational skills.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed to Frontier markets.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.