Business Development Manager
About Frontier Communications:
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Solutions Sales Specialist:
Frontier is developing an end-to-end cloud-based IT platform for hybrid cloud environments. As our enterprise customers migrate more and more of their applications to the cloud, this individual will work closely to Account Executives, Sales Engineers, and Solutions Architects to develop winning complex, multi-cloud, hybrid cloud commercial proposals. This role’s objective is to drive sales of Frontier’s Integrated Solutions through all channels.
Frontier Solutions Sales Specialists do not own accounts but are expected to engage with Frontier’s team of Account Executives to drive sales of Frontier’s Integrated Solutions. Individuals in this position must inspire and influence AE’s to raise opportunities within their accounts. Once cloud / integrated solutions are raised, Solutions Sales Specialists will take ownership for the process of developing the opportunity with the support of Sales Engineers, Solutions Architects, and the AE responsible for the account. Solutions Sales Specialists must understand customers’ motivations and business drivers to properly support positioning of Frontier’s competitive advantages.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with Sales Engineers and Account Executives to develop winning complex solutions proposals for customers
- Drive AE’s to find cloud solutions opportunities. Help AE’s prospect and qualify leads daily
- Collaborate with solutions architects, sales engineers, account executives, the product team, and, often, with partners and vendors to develop winning architectural solutions, designs, and proposals
- Articulate Frontier’s value proposition through compelling customized narratives, product demos and engaging qualified expert speeches.
- Serves as the expert liaison to Frontier’s customers for more advanced information regarding cloud / security managed services
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives from prospective accounts
- 10+ years of IT experience as a technical specialist, technical sales, enterprise architect or consultant in Customer-facing roles.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
- Willingness and ability to work autonomously, with domestic travel.
- A Bachelor’s degree (computer science preferred).
- A proven track record of managing and delivering sales of complex IT solutions.
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture, systems or application design, software development or IT operations.
- Understanding of the value of Manage Services
- Working knowledge of GCP, AWS, Azure, or other cloud platforms is key.
- Understanding of automation technologies including Infrastructure as code and configuration management technologies like Ansible and Terraform.
- Excellent active listening skills that enable you to understand internal and external customer’s goals and challenges and craft meaningful visits/engagements.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.