Senior Network Engineer
A Senior Network Engineer evaluates the existing network architecture and the requirements of a given network project. The engineer then prepares a detailed Work Order including the Bill of Materials and the Labor required for networking / transmission related devices in a provider network.
This person will work as a team member with engineers from Outside Plant, Transport, Core, and Network Planning to support the implementation of network services. This individual will be responsible for preparing detailed engineering plans and designs. These tasks include creating engineering projects that place equipment that supports Ethernet, DS1 and DS3 orders, DSLAM installations and the assignment of the fiber facilities associated with them as well as facilitating their completion through local construction and operations resources.
The engineer owns the technical and financial responsibilities for the entire project through to completion.
Duties & Responsibilities in this position:
Will have responsibility for a geographic area regarding all Broadband and Central Office Equipment within this boundary and/or assist in other duties outside of the area as assigned, designing and implementing network solutions for the assigned area.
Network capital project ownership, oversight, and advisor
- Provide guidance and support to installation and provisioning groups.
- Have an understanding of capital and how to control capital spending through business case development.
- Will need to able to travel occasionally to conduct site reviews, meet customers, and meet with leadership.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Advance Excel Spreadsheet Knowledge.
- Five years Management experience including in a Union labor environment.
- Four- year degree in electronics or computer sciences or at least 2 years of experience in data engineering and network design and implementation roles in large scale transport networks.
- Project management skills - Must have able to manage multiple priorities in a technical environment with ability to report and track project progress through good project management techniques.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and Optical network components and design.
- Knowledge of Ethernet (certifications are a plus), MPLS, ATM, SONET, and ROADM architectures and theories.
- Financial Analysis - Must be comfortable facilitating projects and making technical and financial decisions.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong analytical aptitude.
- Strong English-language written and oral communications skills. Must be comfortable presenting and be able to provide appropriate level of materials to all audiences - executive, engineering, marketing, and customer.
- Knowledge of Power Point, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Metasolv M6, FROGs, and Varasset are beneficial.
- Be able to work outside the Monday thru Friday time frame as needed.
- Team Oriented and result driven.
Job Location – Charleston or Ransom, WV.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.