IT Billing Specialist, CRM – MPS
IT Billing Specialist, CRM – MPS job description:
This position is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and tool creation for the Message Processing Systems (MPS) for Frontier Communications which processes nearly 40 million usage records per month which bills for nearly $10 million in revenue. The team is responsible for the correction and rating of between 30 and 40,000 usage related errors per month. MPS ensures the successful billing of usage and events in the DPI rating and billing systems. The position is responsible for monitoring, correction of varying forms of usage and tool development for: unlocated toll, deny all knowledge (DAK) usage, DPI rating, pay per use (PPU) processing, Flex usage process, and upfront AMA usage processing. MPS is also responsible for the development and maintenance of all projects impacting usage processing within Frontier which includes blocks of time, calling plans, regulatory updates, and usage rating. The position is also responsible for various usage-based inquiries and special process including Data Requests, Directory Advertising, LEC Billing, Data Analysis, and AT&T message review. The Analyst is also challenged with prevention of errors based upon rating table review and analysis. The final task completed by the Analyst is issue resolution for table issues through Jira which impact customer billing of usage.
Summary of Position:
- AMA (Automatic Message Accounting) record layout understanding and troubleshooting errors within this process
- EMR (Exchange Message Record) record layout understanding and troubleshooting errors within this process
- Troubleshoot CIC/PIC related issues
- Data Requests from product, sales and marketing teams.
- Tool development for usage monitoring activities
- Billing review and analysis
- Processing of EMR through the DPI Rating process
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Frontier Products and Services
- Analysis and Correction of usage fallout.
- Identification and correction of root cause of usage fallout.
- Billing any applicable usage once issues are corrected. This includes error usage, bypassed usage, and unbilled usage.
- DPI tables creation and maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues relating to usage processing, rating or billing
- Process LEC Memos, adjustments, reconciliation, and IDB
- Ensure the monthly loading and billing of Directory Advertising files.
- Meet Revenue Assurance goals by analyzing products and services. Identify and correct items that are not billing or that are under billing.
- Monitoring of Toll Investigation Mailbox and correction/adjustment /reconciliation of issues
- Testing of new product and services related to usage or usage billing
- Provide data extraction and analysis for departments needing usage volumes, product impacts and/or billing information.
- Keep abreast of technological developments, company direction with regards to new products and services.
- Assist in supporting new software releases including on call and weekend availability.
- Provide for and ensure the timely and accurate resolution of business partner service requests, prompt replies to business partner or management inquiries, and regular feedback regarding application status, opportunities and problems.
Job Requirements Job requirements should include all necessary qualifications to perform the full job.
- Must have working knowledge of common PC applications, such as MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Teams and Access. Advanced knowledge of Excel is desired.
- Advanced SQL design and syntax skills desired
- 5 years of Telephony experience desired
- Knowledge of DPI usage processing desired
- AS 400 experience.
- Jira experience.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, enjoy working as part of a team, and can prioritize and manage multiple tasks, diverse responsibilities and deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical, communication, project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Preferred knowledge of Telecordia/Bellcore standards
- Preferred AMA record layout understanding
- Preferred EMR record layout understanding
- Must have an understanding of how usage traffic moves from switch to billing platform
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot processes with minimal information
- Preferred prior experience in rating or billing of usage related products or services
- Preferred Four Year degree with emphasis in Computer Science or Business-related field.
Physical Requirements: Extended night and/or weekend hours possible. This has on-call responsibility.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.