Network Operations Supervisor
Supervisor, Network Operations – Centralized Engineering (ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES):
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND DUTIES:
Responsible for the supervision and oversight of a Central Office Equipment Installation (COEI) technical team. Supervises Central Office Equipment installers which will include oversight of network installation projects throughout Northern California and Nevada, as well as other parts of Frontier as demanded and required. Includes customer site installations and other projects such as for Metro-E, Fixed Wireless Broadband, FTTH, 2G, HBE and BAU projects including task of reportable metrics and other management tools. Must be familiar with all new and existing product deployments in the field. This position is in Northern California (i.e. Manteca).
General Duties which include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage project in various Network Installation technologies.
- Fixed Wireless Broadband prestaging team.
- Fiber to the Home (FTTH)
- Fiber to the Cell (FTTC) commitments and complete E2E towers.
- Operate within the Capital and Expense operating budgets.
- Schedule Capital and Expense project activity to meet targets.
- Manage associate/technicians’ overtime to meet workload and budget targets.
- Adhere to, review and update as needed the Network Installation Quality Standards guidelines as needed.
- Hire, supervise and manage skilled technical workforce and train employees based on needed skills and competencies.
- Responsible to track and complete the installations of all Network Engineering issued project.
- Problem solve and be able to work independently to remove all roadblocks, find solutions and escalate to Manager when needed.
- End of Job compliance within 30 days of installation projects being completed.
- Successful completion of scanning requirements at end of projects.
- Employee Safety Awareness with all employees monthly.
- Hold meeting with managers to discuss all Network internal and external issues
- Possess the ability to clearly explain the cause of any situation to others and review and/or create a Root Cause Analysis when required.
Management Skills Required:
Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal). The ability to interact with internal and external customers to manage relationships and work in order to meet objectives, achieve desired results are critical skills to the supervisor position. Must possess excellent interdepartmental/interpersonal communication skills to collaborate and work with many Frontier organizations and departments (ISP Engineering, OSP Engineering, Local Area Management, OPCEN, Project Management, Network Operations, Executive Leadership and others).
Management Skills Preferred:
Previous experience managing a diverse technical group and ability to supervise remote workforce in wide geographic area. Commitment and objective oriented, ability to sum up a problem and come to a successful and timely resolution is a must.
Prefer High School Diploma, GED, College Degree is a plus and/or 5 years or equivalent experience.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.