About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
- Timely and consistent collection of receivables for Interexchange and Competitive Local Exchange Carriers, Regional Telephone Companies and Internet Service Providers.
- Interacting with internal and external customers and will be heavily involved with resolving customer issues preventing payment.
- Entering and tracking customer billing disputes and inquiries and ensuring they are reviewed and approved, or denied in a timely manner. This position will also be responsible for maintaining or improving Days Sales Outstanding numbers and achieving assigned cash collection targets.
- The Collections Advisor will be required to work both independently, and as a member of a team.
- To be successful in this position, the individual must have strong analytical, organizational, time-management, and collections skills.
- Manage a specific customer set by providing excellent customer service while also minimizing bad debt
- Contact customers on past due amounts, obtain commitments for payment while working with the customer on billing disputes with the assistance of Sales, Legal and Regulatory as required.
- Responsible for pro-actively contacting and collecting past due balances.
- Reconcile payments and complete account research.
- Interact with account teams and various internal departments.
- Maintain accounts in accordance with company and departmental policies.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in order to resolve receivable issues.
- Create various reports as needed.
Skills and Competencies:
- *Must be proficient in Excel, including Pivot Tables, Formulas and Formatting*
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of Windows applications including, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Candidate must be goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently analyze complex issues and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Punctual and reliable
- Quick learner
- Commercial credit experience a plus.
1-3 years of collections experience, preferably in Telecommunications.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.