Sr. Systems Engineer
Software Developer for OSP Applications Group
We are looking for an Intermediate Software Developer to work within Frontier’s OSP Systems, Applications, and Analytics team that primarily support FROGS and GAP applications. This group is responsible for all GIS (Geographical Information Systems) data related to Frontier’s Outside Plant (OSP) Network. This position consists of, but is not limited to, developing and maintaining a set of in-house software applications around FROGS and GAP and the GIS data contained within them.
- Web Stack (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant field
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- OGC standards (WMS, WFS, SLD, etc.)
- Oracle Database with Spatial
- GIS ETL tools (g. FME)
- GIT, Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA, and Confluence are used by the team for FROGS and GAP code repository, project tracking, and documentation.
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation.
- Collaborate with team to design and develop code to enhance existing applications.
- Participate in development meetings for review and work assignments.
- Troubleshoot production support issues after deployment and design solutions as required.
- Review code and provide feedback in line with best practices.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.