Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
At Frontier, you’ll have the power to take ownership of your career, run projects from start to finish, and develop cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization to make it happen. Perfect for the agile and action-oriented, this is a place where you’re accountable, respected, and rewarded. We pride ourselves on developing real leaders—individuals who can inspire people to achieve the results we need, while having some fun along the way.
As a Staff Accountant, you will interact with professionals throughout the CFO organization in support of the corporate accounting mission, which includes P&L and balance sheet analysis, execution of the monthly accounting close, special projects, and serving as a trusted business advisor to the Corporate Controller’s office. In this role, you will report to the Manager of Corporate Accounting.
Here’s what you can expect in this role and if you’re the right fit working with the Frontier family is always a fun time!
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare journal entries and calculate accruals related to expense transactions.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and upload to Company software tool.
- Run queries, research variances and perform trend analyses.
- Assist with divestiture activities of properties sold.
- Aid in streamlining business processes to improve efficiencies.
- Coordinate with Finance and Field individuals to gain knowledge of business transaction
- Assist with special projects, within accounting and cross-functionally with other groups.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and analysis.
Job Abilities and Skills:
- One to three year(s) of hands-on accounting experience that includes prior balance sheet and P&L skills coupled with a working knowledge of general ledger systems and chart of accoun
- Proficiencies with Microsoft Excel relating to data analysis and data manipulation with preferred additional skills working with Microsoft Acc
- Experience with best of breed accounting and finance SAAS applications.
- Proficiencies in completing tasks accurately and in the required time line ensuring deadlines are achieved.
- A passion for being challenged, learning and motivated with a strong desire to learn new skills as well as the ability to develop proactive solutions to complex proble
- Ability to go beyond defined desk procedures and be comfortable addressing a high volume of ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed while maintaining a positive attitud
- The ability to interact effectively, to have fun and to enjoy what you do in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience interacting with and knowledge of various database applications and SQL a plus.
Education, certification and/or license requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accountin A minimum 3.0 G.P.A. is preferred. Additional Accounting and finance coursework and/or certification(s) is desired.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.