The Manager, FP&A will work with a team of Analysts in the FP&A group to build and present complex financial analyses and reports for the Senior Leadership Team, CFO, and other company executives. This role will work closely with the AVP and Senior Director of FP&A to train and develop the team, as well as create and implement processes to enhance analytical capabilities. The Manager will demonstrate exemplary financial modeling skills to the team and grow into a key leader for the FP&A organization.
- Analyze complex financial data to identify areas of risk, inefficiency and opportunity for various business units and diverse project portfolios across the organization.
- Lead the team in utilizing best practices for budgeting, forecasting, operating plans, and modeling tools.
- Assist the Sr. Director and AVP of FP&A to improve company performance by evaluating processes, monitoring indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Work with the Sr. Director, AVP and SVP of FP&A to present key financial analyses to the CEO, CFO and other executive leadership within the organization.
- Act as a peer resource to other Analysts, assisting with company knowledge transfer and training on analytical tools and methods.
- Alongside the AVP and Sr. Director of FP&A, manage and review PowerPoint presentations for the Board of Directors.
- Act as a liaison for FP&A leadership, keeping the team up to speed with company initiatives and relaying outcomes of high-level decision making.
- Interpret financial results and drive continuous efforts to identify and implement activities that reduce costs or improve profitability.
- Apply advanced knowledge of financial modeling to perform labor and productivity analysis.
- Compare Plans vs. Actuals to ensure data is in alignment with business objectives.
- Present and analyze data to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to leadership for decision making purposes.
- Establish and maintain financial and operational KPIs and executive dashboards.
- Ensure effective understanding, analysis, and reporting of key metrics such as price, costs, volume, and headcount related activities.
- Work cross-departmentally to assimilate accurate, complete and effective reporting.
- Stay abreast the latest trends, tools and technologies within the industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of professional experience as a Financial Analyst, heavily focused on financial planning, strategy, and
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related field; Master’s degree is highly
- Strong desire to lead, mentor, and develop teams.
- Experience working closely with leadership teams to develop and implement processes.
- Experience forecasting costs, developing budgets, analyzing pricing structures, identifying variances, and providing root-cause
- Demonstrated experience evaluating capital investments and identifying key opportunities to meet business
- Experience leveraging complex financial modeling with Excel; experience with Adaptive Insights as a financial planning tool is a
- Experience performing in-depth analytical research and producing accurate, complete reports to
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain analytical findings clearly and succinctly to a wide range of
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Must possess strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving
- Creative mindset with the ability to convey new ideas and implement effective
- Highly self-motivated; a self-starter.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.