Power & Building Tech (HVAC)
Power and Building Technician
Location: Rochester, NY
Union: CWA 1170/316
Number of Openings: 1
Internal posting: February 6, 2023 to February 20, 2023
Wage Range: $18 to $38 per/hour
- Minimum of five years of commercial HVAC and/or Electrical work experience
- Working knowledge of AC/DC electricity
- Universal Refrigerant License – EPA approved
- Strong verbal and mechanical/electrical problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid New York State driver's license, and any other license that may be required by law
- Willing to work overtime.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather, any time of day.
- Able to work aloft, underground, and in confined spaces
- Able to carry and handle a 75 lb. Ladder on uneven ground
- Able to stand/sit/kneel for extended periods of time
Desired Qualifications -- include but are not limited to:
- Experienced in operation, maintenance, and repair in one or both of the following:
- Electrical power distribution systems including rectifiers, inverters, converters, UPS, batteries, stand-by/portable generators, automatic transfer switches, and air dryer systems.
- HVAC, centrifugal chiller plants, cooling towers, low pressure steam boilers, and steam distribution systems, fire alarm, fire suppression systems, and pneumatic controls
- Manufacturer course certification on any of the equipment listed above
- College level coursework/Degree in HVAC and/or AC/DC theory
- 3rd Class stationary engineer license (also known as 3rd Class Operating Engineer’s License)
- Electricians License
- Refrigeration Services Engineers (RSES) Training
- OSHA certification(s)
- NFPA certification\
General Description of Duties (not intended to be all inclusive)
- Operates, maintains, and repairs electrical power distribution systems
- Operates, maintains, and repairs stand-by/portable generators
- Operates, maintains, and repairs air dryer systems
- Operates, maintains, and repairs HVAC, centrifugal chiller plants, cooling towers, low pressure steam boilers, and steam distribution systems
- Operates, maintains, and repairs Fire alarm, fire suppression systems, and pneumatic controls
- Works on computers and associated equipment
- Operates Company vehicle
- Performs such other duties as may be required by the job
Note: this is not a formal or negotiated job description, is not intended to be all inclusive, and may be changed at the Company’s discretion.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.