Senior Product Manager, SD-WAN
Sr. Product Manager, SD-WAN
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Senior Product Manager over SD-WAN (SDN/NFV) will work with the leadership team to identify and drive the commercial strategy for Next Generation WANs with detailed attention to creating the right solutions in support of B2B applications. He/She will focus on including solution related services and adoption of next-generation data networking protocols and technologies. Imperative that the candidate is a WAN subject matter expert with a rooted semi-technical background within telecommunications and network architectures, particularly in Layer 2 and 3 routing principles.
He/She will work with the leadership team to set and communicate product strategy through to tactical deliverables, establish routes to markets/channels, and lead the resulting product lifecycle management efforts with a solid Go To Market blueprint encompassing value proposition, target market, positioning, enhancements when needed, pricing and the necessary processes and their ongoing improvements. Additionally, he/she will craft and articulate requirements associated with current and emerging applications/features for any new development for all segments. Drive those requirements through partnerships associated with the agile product development processes, support, with zeal and tenacious character to ensure we meet commercial release dates on time, in collaboration with various business units.
He/She will also assist the leadership team to provide/own post-launch support and life cycle management with corresponding KPI’s in an affirmative manner to meeting revenue delivery to plan, as well as cementing the customer experience of the same. Lastly, you will be responsible for assisting the product management team in defining and communicating the roadmap and commercial model to influence incremental growth and sustain the embedded base within Frontier’s Commercial Channel.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Help to drive new SD-WAN development initiatives from conception through launch including managing the product development and go to market launch process in partnership with Marketing and Sales Engineering.
- Oversee regular technological assessments with industry innovations into all messaging, internal and external presentations, sales playbooks and user personas
- Conduct regular market and customer research with attention to product acceptance, usage, success and course corrective measures back into the SD-WAN portfolio strategy.
- Develop and clearly define the competitive landscape with a transference of those key learnings into differentiation with a distinct customer value proposition.
- Help to prepare, define and deliver product content (collateral, white papers, use cases, solutions briefs, internal/external presentations) and training for sales and sales engineering.
- Help to communicate product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross-functional teams.
- Create and Maintain Key Performance Indicators dashboard for all supporting metrics within the SD-WAN portfolio
- Will be accountable for meeting revenue and profitability expectations outlined as part of an individual KPI plan.
Background and Skills:
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Strong influencing skills
- High attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Good commercial acumen
- Agent for change – will constructively challenge status quo
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong, independent problem-solving skills translating into solution-oriented results for
varying cross-functional organizations and matters.
- Proven ability to lead, delegate and empower other organizations to align on a common goal/deliverable
with final execution
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ years of product management/development experience in fundamental routing, access/transport, firewalls, VPNs, security, WAN optimization, application performance management and traffic steering.
- Experience presenting and speaking to wide-ranging audiences (including senior executives), webinars, training, trade shows and industry events.
- Broad understanding of product lifecycle management
- Strategic thinker with an innate ability to articulate a strategy and product vision.
- High energy with a laser sharp focus on all things SD WAN, virtualization and digital transformation.
- Project management skills to execute a product roadmap, moving a project from inception to completion.
- Working knowledge of RAPID or agile frameworks.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities – must be able to identify and escalate potential issues as well as implement recommended solutions.
- Proven ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects within a limited span of time.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Possess stellar management skills, tenacity and the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Industry and or Technical Certifications a plus
- The ability to travel 30% of the time or greater
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master or advanced degree is a plus.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.