Network Operations Assistant
Network Operations Assistant Scheduler – Inside Plant
About this role:
The Network Operations department is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Network Operations Assistant Scheduler – Inside Plant (ISP) Specialist.
What you’ll do:
- OPCEN reviews projects issued from engineering to understand the scope of work detailed on the project, check the status of inbound material; delivery estimates, and overall assessment of materials required as well as, assignment of the project to the Central Office Installation team (COEI) or vendor.
- Work with the Material Control Center to obtain Scheduled Ship Dates (SSD) from the vendors and escalate delivery dates if needed.
- Perform material call outs and coordinate delivery with the construction COEI/NetOps
- Update estimated in-service dates, scheduled finish dates, COEI ready dates, and dates for all tasks that need to be assigned.
- Add comments to the main comment page in Varasset to identify roadblocks and any other pertinent information as it relates to the project.
- Utilize OPR for work order tracking and weekly/monthly update calls.
- Update the Financial Project Status in Varasset throughout the life of the project and update comments at a minimum weekly so all business partners understand the status of projects.
- Be able to provide current status on any project when information is requested using the OPR report which pulls from Varasset where all information is updated
- Once project work is complete and installation completion notice received, document in Varasset the project completion, provide information on who was involved with the project (company, contractors), and update Ready for Service “RFS” in Infinium.
- Daily review or partner with M6 focal for managing M6 COE_COMP queues and completion COE_COMP tasks for any associated circuit orders (ASR, Metro 4E, CIAC…etc):
Support for COEI/Contractors
- Work daily with installation LM’s to ensure they can meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner (typically through phone communications, or through email communications), and check if anything needs to be provided.
- Provide daily/weekly schedules to crews showing what projects are due, prioritize projects by those that are the most important or due first, scheduling them to be completed in order of priority.
- Communicate regularly with Contractors on their work status, ensuring that they are working on priority projects first to meet expected deadlines and that they are providing regular updates and proper notifications.
- As issues arise, be ready to act and do what is needed to remove roadblocks.
Special Projects/Managed Projects
- Be an active participant in project management conference calls (1Gb FiOS upgrade, FTTC, Metro E, ASR’s/CDDD, etc), or provide full updated status to Project Managers prior to their call Be available to provide additional information as needed.
- MetroE ASR projects involving circuit orders require the CON_COMP task to be completed in M6, and completion information including cable/pair information for circuits, or fiber counts on fiber related circuits to be added to the M6 remarks section for the order
What you'll need:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a similar field
- Strong project management experience and organizational skills
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task and have a solid follow up system
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Substantial knowledge and experience with Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Able to collaborate and effectively work with other teams
- Knowledge of Varasset
- Knowledge of COE Engineering and Installation
- Knowledge of OSP Engineering and installation
- Knowledge of Infinium
- Knowledge of M6
- 5 years of experience or more
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.