Corporate Audit Intern
Corporate Audit Intern
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
We are offering an opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student to join our Internal Audit department in Norwalk, CT, in an internship role that allows for participation in a wide variety of projects. Functions to be performed include participating in SOX 404 compliance testing activities, providing support for the external audit team and participating in a variety of internal audit assignments, which may include execution of assigned test steps, participating in management inquiries, and data analytics projects. This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Internal Audit with working relationships with other Internal Audit team members and does not require any travel. The successful candidate will add value to the department by providing strong professional presence, technical expertise, business sense and a strong desire to help improve the overall internal control environment of Frontier.
Perform the following in accordance with professional standards and department protocols:
- Execute SOX 404 testing in accordance with previously developed test plans and document results in accordance with testing guidelines.
- Complete direct-assist test work on behalf of external auditors, including walkthroughs, test of controls, quarterly and year-end substantive testing.
- Participate in completing financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Prepare workpapers that are accurate, concise and submitted timely with sufficient documentation to support the results.
- Participate in other internal audit assignments (as needed or requested).
- Working towards a business degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or an equivalent degree.
- Not eligible to graduate students.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience and strong desire to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Brings a focus on continuous improvement to his/her work and desire to bring value-added results.
- Advanced computer skills proficiency (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Access) a plus.
- Brings high level of energy to his/her work and a positive, can-do attitude.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.