Digital Catalog Engineer
Digital Catalog Engineer
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented Digital Catalog Engineer to join our development team in designing and building the Sigma Enterprise Product Catalog to deliver services to our subscribers on Frontier’s digital platform.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Quickly learn the catalog and begin being a beneficial team member.
- Understand complex integration layers between Frontier systems
- Engage directly with users to gain understanding of business processes to improve application effectiveness.
- Attend daily SCRUM standup meetings and provide input on the design of the catalog
- Serve as the bridge between the business team who create the catalog requirements, and the back-end development team who understand the back-end systems and data sources
- Provide input during requirement capture and user story creation
- Review catalog design with Product Owner and Frontier digital SCRUM team
- Assist testing team in writing test-cases for new feature testing
- Assist Developer Support Team with defects during sprint delivery
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Process Improvement, Information Systems, Computer Science, Informatics, or related. This is an on-call position
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in technical analysis, catalog modeling, or related field
- Experience in Telecommunications products
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical instructions
- Strong understanding of JSON format
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Previous catalog modeling experience
- Experience using API testing tools such as Postman, SOAPUI
- Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Able to manage projects, this includes interaction with internal/external customers.
Required Software Skills:
- Office Tools: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server
- Languages: basic knowledge of at least one language
- Client/Web Skills: Basic HTML
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server
- Desired Software Skills
- Databases: DB2
- Web Services: RESTful, SOAP, XML/JSON
- Source Control: Team Foundation Server or equivalent experience
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
- The person should also possess the following traits
- Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Able to work with and refine loose business requirements
- Have a “customer-service first” orientation
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.