Sr. IT Development Specialist (DPI, RPG)
Senior Applications Specialist with a minimum of 10 yrs of DPI and/or Telecom experience to support Frontier’s Billing and Orders application. As a senior specialist, he/she will be responsible to guide teams / projects in supporting and designing solutions for the DPI software. This position will include support of the project starting from design, testing, implementation and production support. The accepted candidate will be responsible for creating and updating required technical and change management documentation. This is a senior development role working with Business Engagement, Project Management, Testing, and other technical groups. Some on-call and off-hours support is required.
- 10+yrs of DPI Order Entry and Billing applications and other modules
- Familiar with AT&T IDB, DISH Billing, CARE, data feeds is desired
- 10+yrs of Programming background in IBM iSeries, RPGLE, CL, SQL
- Toolsets (experience with one or more): Hawkeye, DBU, X-Analysis, Rational Developer, Turnover, XAnalysis, Razor SQL
- Experience with RPGIV-ILE and RPG FREE FORM, CL and CLLE, service programs and/or modules, and Embedded SQL, iSeries OS for navigation; resolving compile and run time issues. Able troubleshoot complex problems, coupled with analytical and debugging skills necessary to analyze issues related to RPGLE and CLLE. Able to modify programs, write fix programs to correct data, if necessary
- Familiarity with development standards for modernization
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and lifecycle processes.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, attend and contribute to internal technical meetings, and assist in mentoring and training of other technical resources in the department
- Successful candidate will have high standards for service to users/customers and be team oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or 4 years of experience
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and organizational communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications business processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Atlassian JIRA, Wiki, Confluence
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with fast-paced, time-constrained development teams.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a team environment
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.