Network Analyst, Product Stability
About the role:
We are in search of analysts to work on our new Product Stability team.
The team will be responsible for:
- Tracking the performance of all Frontier products through both Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and known issue tracking
- Working closely with the engineering teams to measure the success of software releases through customer impact
- Receiving escalations from various business units related to Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) performance and running the issues to ground
- Performing deep analysis of potentially systemic customer issues with a focus on reduction of operational costs
- Working across the organization to identify opportunities to lower variable costs by addressing opportunities in the network
Your work will be analytical in nature, but your intelligence, drive, and interpersonal skills will be equally as important to your success. The work of you and your team will have direct tangible impact on our customers, employees and company performance.
What you'll do:
- Tracking and prioritizing fixes for known issues
- Tracking software releases across our products for customer impact
- Measuring KPIs across large datasets of customers
- Working with frontline employees to find and cure customer pain points with our equipment
- Working closely with engineering partners
- Performing detailed analysis of large datasets
- Providing insights on key opportunities in the network through historical business analysis and understanding of customer trends
- Identifying opportunities across our network to decrease operational costs and improve the customer experience
What you bring:
- Demonstrated drive and desire to improve business performance.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking and data-based decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Work experience in strategy, engineering or analytics; high-rigor business analytics background preferred.
- Experience assembling presentations for wide varieties of audiences.
- Strong financial and business acumen with ability to identify and evaluate opportunities preferred.
- Familiarity with data tools such as Microsoft Excel, Alteryx, or PowerBI is a plus.
- Experience with SQL, Python, or R is a plus.
- Proficiency with large datasets and Spatial Analytics/Visualization tools preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Telecom industry expertise is not necessary - the team will be dedicated to teaching and mentoring the candidate towards becoming an expert in their own right.
What we offer:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.