Financial Analyst, FP&A
Frontier Communications Corporation is a leader in providing communications services to
urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to
residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed
internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video
offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture
quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and
much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise
businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Frontier is in search of a Financial Analyst to join the Corporate FP&A team. This role will be
responsible for analyzing complex financial data with complex modeling tools to assist
leadership in making strategic business decisions for the organization. The ideal candidate will
be quick to learn, highly adaptive, and possess a basic knowledgebase of financial
reporting on which they can build an effective skill set.
This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, driven individual entering the workforce who wants
to gain exposure to key areas of business within a Fortune 500 organization. Take advantage of
the opportunity to learn directly from senior leadership and be an integral part of the company’s
long-term growth and success.
• Gather, monitor, and compile key financial data to assist in developing strategic
recommendations and executing effective business decisions.
• Analyze complex financial data to identify areas of risk, inefficiency, and opportunity for
various business units and diverse project portfolios across the organization.
• Work with senior analysts to manage the continued development of budgeting, forecasting,
operating plans, and modeling tools.
• Provide insight to improve company performance by evaluating processes, monitoring
indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
• Learn and apply knowledge of financial modeling to evaluate metrics and develop
• Provide in-depth analyses to forecast costs and identify areas to improve profitability.
• Conceptualize and build complex, automated financial models.
• Ensure effective understanding, analysis, and reporting of key metrics such as price,
costs, volume, and headcount-related activities.
• Work with senior analysts and leadership to evaluate current and proposed financial
plans and policies and identify changes to drive company growth.
• Work cross-departmentally to assimilate accurate, complete, and effective reporting.
• Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects for the CEO, CFO, and other executives
across the organization.
• Stay abreast of the latest trends, tools, and technologies within the industry.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other related fields; Master’s
degree is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of financial modeling.
• Knowledge of forecasting, budgeting, root-cause analysis, and other FP&A methods.
• Strong research and reporting abilities.
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and investigative mindset; quick learner.
• Creative mindset with the ability to convey new ideas and implement effective solutions.
• Highly self-motivated; a self-starter.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.