Sr. IT Database Administrator
Sr. IT Database Administrator - Job Description
Provide systems support for production and staging environments.
- Supports the design and implementation of new database environments and redesign of existing systems to fulfill business needs.
- Evaluates performance of databases and responds to issues that arise related to databases.
- Create indexing strategies and periodically review indexes for tables.
- Troubleshoots database issues.
- Manage database objects – schemas, views, tables, stored procedures and triggers.
- Supports developers and QA by maintaining test environments and configuring databases to development specifications.
- Work with application development teams to develop data models that support business processes. Ensure changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Reviews and approves all proposed DB changes proposed by Design and Development.
- Maintain technical support documentation for databases.
- Acts as a SME on IBM i database.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years as a multi-platform IT database administrator, designer, developer or architect on IBM iSeries.
- Proficiency in IBM i, RPG and SQL.
- Hands-on programming experience with DDL, Stored Procedures, SQL and Triggers on iSeries.
- Expertise in database implementation using proper data modeling and normalization principles.
- Strong background in database performance analysis and tuning in an IBM i environment.
- Good understanding of DDS physical and logical file objects.
- Good understanding of DDL tables, views and index objects
- Willing to be part of DBA after hours on-call support.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.