Building Services Technician
Building Services Technician
Fort Wayne, IN - 8001 W Jefferson Blvd
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Building Services Technician maintains critical equipment that is vital to the uptime of Switches, Frames, FIOS and the safety testing of that environment. Technician responsibilities include but limited to, repairs, and replaces building mechanical and electrical systems including building control systems, building heating and refrigeration systems, building fire detection and protection systems, and other building mechanical and electrical systems which are or may be installed in company operated buildings; and performs other related duties.
Duties & Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performance of ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work orders on facility mechanical, electrical, lighting and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
- Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds as it pertains to assigned buildings.
- Maintaining, diagnosing and repairing building electrical systems of 440 volts or less.
- Diagnosing and repairing stand-by power supplies including diesel, gasoline, oil and other types of engine alternators and their associated controls and distribution in facilities other than switching.
- Assisting outside contractors on repairs of uninterruptible stand-by power and in testing of building electrical systems
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Diagnosing and repairing failures in environmental cooling system refrigeration components, i.e., chillers, compressors, and their associated controls, etc., with capacities greater than 75 tons.
- Maintaining hardware and software, diagnosing and repairing centralized energy management control systems including adding control points, reprogramming building operations through microprocessor software changes, etc.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies both during and after hours.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities. This to include building automation systems, fire / life safety systems, and any other building related equipment.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Wears appropriate safety equipment.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Must be willing and able to support after-hours building related activity as required.
- Participate in Safety and Technical training programs.
- Spends most of shift walking, standing and/or climbing ladders.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- May be exposed to all weather conditions.
- Works in various buildings and surroundings, such as roofs, attics, basements, offices, etc.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- May be required to hold a Class C UST operator license by the State of Indiana.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, Technical, vocational school
- Must hold Type Universal Technician Certification as designated by EPA regulations-40 CFR Part 82 Subpart H.
- Must have 5 years prior commercial/ industrial on-the-job training HVAC experience (boilers/chillers), hold a valid universal refrigerant license, will be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service oriented.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, plumbing, or any similar combination. Working aloft, working in confined spaces, including closets, air handlers, air-shafts, and lifting 70 lbs. or more many times a day.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Background checks may be required by client
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
- Must meet safety-related requirements including but not limited to those standards of safety imposed by OSHA, state agencies, manufacturers and/or the company.
- Ability to read floor plans and electric diagrams.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. Associates may be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.