(SS7) NOC Specialist III
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
NOC III Specialist (SS7)
The ideal candidate has technical acumen in SS7 network services and network operations. Responsible for providing 7/24 technical support for SS7 technologies to Frontier’s Network Operations Centers through monitoring and taking proactive and reactive measures to ensure complete availability of Frontier’s vital SS7 network. The successful candidate will have SS7 experience in supporting and restoring critical SS7 elements and circuit connectivity.
- Ensure optimal network performance of SS7 network by monitoring network health, security and capacity
- Provide remote technical support to Network Operations Center Specialists and Region Operations Technicians
- Provide technical assistance with incident review and outage analysis requests to determine root cause and future prevention
- Provide technical assistance for vendor cross-functional meetings, reviews, and planning sessions
- Provide remote or on-site technical training to peers, NOC teams, and or Region Operations Technicians and publish support bulletins/job aids
- Minimum 5 years telephony network provisioning/maintenance, installation and repair experience required.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience
- Working experience in central office maintenance, central office equipment installation, network engineering, network provisioning and or Tier I technical support working with numerous transport network technologies
- Able to work flexible hours and be a part of an on-call rotation for off-hour/weekend support
- Ability to handle and prioritize outage and network issues efficiently and effectively
- Able to think and react appropriately to network outages, make necessary provisions to ensure the least impact on our customers during network down situations
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to document and articulate technical recommendations to a variety of audiences and skill levels
- Self-motivated, innovative problem solver capable of working independently
- Skilled in the operation of personal computers and accessing a variety of remote computer systems
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.