Job Description: Act as the primary point of contact and customer advocate in the planning, delivery, and support of Frontier 9-1-1 products and emergency communications services for [ state(s)] and other [Region] operating area states including [state(s) assigned] and others as assigned.
The 9-1-1 Specialist will work in conjunction with the Frontier 9-1-1 Sales, Project Management, 9-1-1 Customer Care Center, Regulatory and all related Frontier internal departments supporting 9-1-1 to monitor, address and resolve all customer issues in order to meet or exceed 9-1-1 service agreements and expectations. The 9-1-1 Specialist serves as an escalation point for trouble resolution and is available on a 7x24x 365 basis. Travel within the assigned service territory will be required.
- Primary point of 9-1-1 services contact to ensure the ongoing availability, integrity, and quality of Frontier 9-1-1 products and service delivery. Field and manage service issues, questions, and information requirements to appropriate work group(s) for resolution.
- Monitor 9-1-1 service impacting notifications and assist the 9-1-1 Customer Care Center in resolving customer troubles; support service restoration and escalate as appropriate.
- Educate PSAP customers and stakeholders about 9-1-1 industry changes, technology trends and contingency planning. Position Frontier for sales opportunities.
- Maintain working knowledge of PSAP operations, technology developments, trends and issues impacting the 9-1-1 industry.
- Maintain working knowledge of 9-1-1 network services, architecture, systems, CPE and ancillary components.
- Identify, position and support sales opportunities with the national and regional 9-1-1 sales team(s)
- Maintain awareness of specific Frontier contractual obligations to 9-1-1 authorities; support billing audit requirements and reconcile billing issues; facilitate Project Acceptance sign-off Interface with Legal, Regulatory, and Public Relations/Media Relations Departments concerning litigation, network events/outages and 9-1-1 inquiries.
- Assist with internal work group(s) in developing of tariff revisions and assessment /selection of 9-1-1 products.
- Interface with Frontier channel partners, other service providers and third-parties to ensure successful service deployments and to resolve customer issues.
- Interface with all internal departments to resolve 9-1-1 problems reported by non-PSAP customers (residence and business clients).
- Act as customer liaison and advocate with Directors and Senior Leadership within Frontier as well as local and state policy makers and authorities.
- Act as subject matter expert and advising member of project teams for the following:
- PSAP / 9-1-1 System network architecture, operations, service parameters
- PSAP moves, adds, and changes
- Tandem /network rearrangements
- Major database rearrangements or replacements;
- Major technology upgrades by Frontier and other local companies; other items where warranted related to 9-1-1 service level quality.
- Notify 9-1-1 authorities / PSAPs of planned work and coordinate to accommodate PSAP requirements.
- Maintain availability to customers 24x7x365 with exception of vacation days and times arranged with agreement of management.
Skills and Requirements
- Working knowledge of Basic 9-1-1, Enhanced 9-1-1, network architecture, database functionality and related operational components.
- Understanding of Next Generation 9-1-1 principles, network elements, IP technology and related components.
- Ability to effectively communicate with 9-1-1 governance authorities, Frontier departmental managers/technicians and Senior Leadership.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, facilitate and project manage 9-1-1 service related requirements.
- Willingness to provide support 7x24x365 to address and facilitate resolution of 9-1-1 service impacting and non-service impacting issues.
Training and Certification (Preferred)
- Bachelor of Arts / Science (Telecommunications, Data networking, IT, other) or equivalent experience.
- Network design / translations, PSTN, VoIP, switching technologies
- Certifications: Emergency Number Professional (ENP), Registered Public Safety Leader (RPL), Project Management Professional (PMP), Cisco / IT related certifications
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.