Director Grant Administration
About this role:
This position will report to the VP Grant Administration team and will have the following key responsibilities include
What you'll do:
- Managing the strategy, business analysts, grant coordinators and specialists, planning and project management resources responsible for applying for grant subsidy and defending Frontier’s footprint from the competition
- This role will function in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with very aggressive grant application and challenge commitment deadlines
- This position will be required to ensure the team is prioritizing work appropriately, meeting deadlines and if not, put in place action plans from learnings
- This position will partner with Regulatory, Legal, Planning, Engineering, Construction, Marketing and FTTH PMO in their day to day interactions
What you'll need:
- Establish schedule for all functional teams to support all grant opportunities and ensure functional teams meet schedule
- Experience w/ Tableau, Qlik, Looker or Power BI
- Strong quantitative background
- Proactively plan, troubleshoot, and communicate to help ensure all functional teams are working in tandem to meet commitment timelines for grant submissions and challenges
- Provide appropriate, consistent, and timely communication with internal and external customers, including purchasing, contracts, regional engineering, marketing, operations, and general engineering contractors as required.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential delays, and devise contingency plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Partner w/ Regulatory and lobbyists to build, develop, and grow federal, state, and local agency relationships vital to the success of grant submissions
- Partner w/ VP and HR to continue hiring process until team is fully staffed
What we offer:
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- At least 7+ years of telecommunications experience
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, and project management tools
- Working knowledge of grant regulations and protocol for grant-funded projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to accurately express engineering terminology in written and oral communications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced field environment and to handle deadlines
- Ability to travel 25% percent of the time to various project locations
- Ability to communicate effectively with regions and engineering services senior management teams, employees, customers, railroads, regulatory agency officials, and the general public
- Engineering and project management preferred
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.