Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Responsible for all OSP engineering for Texas. Oversee the design of Infrastructure for obligatory work to meet population growth demands for communication needs including oversight of all CAF II opportunities. Director of Engineering is responsible for overall performance of OSP Network from Central Office to end user. Oversees organization comprised of managers and individual contributors to deliver on key financial goals and meet all project deadlines to effectively complete tasks on or below budget. Must be able to set objectives, determine appropriate strategies, and necessary tactics to deliver on key Performance Indicator objectives. This position is responsible for overseeing the engineering outside plant segment of residential service, broadband service, special services, video and Ethernet.
% of time Responsibilities
50% Direct oversight of Managers, Engineers, and associates to drive culture of performance
30% Review, maintain, and adjust Capital budget of $30-$45M
10% Review, audit, approve projects within the State of Texas
10% Region representative in area with external customers as well as senior leadership within the State of Texas
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree/Masters and 8 to 10 years of experience in field or engineering related areas
- Proven financial acumen with ability to manage and adhere to Capital and Expense budgets
- Knowledge of FTTH, Copper, and data OSP networking
- Proficient in all engineering tools, BDT, BSA, Infinium, Varasset, FROGs, DSAT, and other key systems
- Relies on previous experience and judgement to plan and execute on goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, ability to understand complex designs and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with end users, business owners, executives, and other teams
- Employee advocate creating a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Must understand mechanisms for building team performance, create and deliver on key departmental KPI’s
- Intra state travel required > 10%, also regional and national travel, and must be able to operate company vehicle. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work based on business needs.
- Must have Design Level Experience in Obligatory Projects
- Must have end-to-end design to in-service experience with large scale road projects.
- Must have experience with Budget forecasting for Road Work and Subdivision Extension.
- Able to make decisions with financial implications for the state of Texas as well as Frontier Nationally within OSP
- Must adhere to all state rules, laws and agency orders applicable to telecommunications carriers
- Ability to make final decisions for large and small scope projects with minimal oversight, combines decision making with key leaders AVP/VP final approval.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.