Category Sourcing Manager
Category Sourcing Manager
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The Frontier Strategic Sourcing Department has an overall objective to align with business partners to improve profitability and performance by maximizing the value of our purchased goods and services. This will assure continuous improvement in the cost effectiveness and value of services delivered, ultimately improving customer satisfaction, company financial performance, and the overall strategic position of Frontier. Strategic Sourcing supports the organization by managing the sourcing process, including Request for Proposals (RFPs), contract negotiations, supplier management, and overall supplier performance. The position will report to the Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing.
The successful candidate should have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, IT or Engineering. MBA or equivalent background is preferred. Professional purchasing certification is desirable. Solid background in supply chain management, Information Technology, procurement, or project management with an emphasis on strategic sourcing with 5+ years of direct experience. Demonstrated experience sourcing materials and services for major projects in a fast-paced environment. Experience in the telecommunications industry is highly desirable.
The Category Manager will oversee all sourcing related activities and processes associated with the acquisition of materials and services, which may include supply chain, technical services, information technology and professional services to support the operational needs of the company. This includes: requirements gathering, sourcing, creating and issuing Request for Proposal (RFP), proposal evaluation, contract negotiations, contract drafting and administration. Functionally responsible for ensuring compliance with Frontier’s Strategic Sourcing policies and processes, Frontier’s ethical and legal business practices, and optimal total value outcomes.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to assigned business units for sourcing needs. Executes the Frontier Strategic Sourcing processes which include; strategic planning, scoping, bidding, contract execution, compliance, and supplier management activities for assigned categories.
- Must have in depth industry and category expertise in area of concentration. Will have knowledge of industry trends, cost modeling, the ability to develop long term sourcing strategies, and be able to develop a pipeline of initiatives to optimize value in assigned categories.
- Lead and participates on cross-functional teams comprised of business managers, Legal, Risk Management and other impacted organizations to coordinate Frontier sourcing activities. Demonstrated ability to build and analyze financial models to evaluate proposal scenarios and present recommendations in a clear and concise format.
- Ability to structures key contract components such as pricing, performance measures, and breach of contract remedies and/or termination options. Must be skilled in negotiating, renegotiating, and administering contracts with strategic and tail suppliers.
- Must be adept at communicating with suppliers and internal business partners to establish and maintain credibility for the strategic sourcing function, while increasing service to our internal business partners - improving the quality and performance levels of the supply base to achieve the optimal value to Frontier.
- Must be able to develop, coordinate and control multiple processes and or projects, achieving on time contracting services to satisfy the operating requirements of Frontier, while delivering a high level of customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Must be able to create and maintain documentation, in adherence with Frontier and Strategic Sourcing policies, to meet internal and external audit requirements.
- Must have excellent written communication skills to effectively and accurately convey detailed and complex information regarding contract specifications, policies and procedures to consultants/contractors and internal clients.
- Computer skills should include proficiency in MS Office including: Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience working with Access, Visio, MS Project, and Zycus is also desired.
- Able to comfortably interface with all levels, inside & outside the organization.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.