Director, MDU Sales and Strategy
Director, MDU Sales and Strategy
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Headquartered in Norwalk, CT, Frontier reported revenues of $9.1 billion in 2017 and has 23,000 employees. Frontier offers a variety of services to its 4.9 million customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
This position is a direct report to the Vice President – MDU Channel Strategy & Sales with a preferred location in CA or TX.
The Director of MDU Strategy & Sales is responsible for the development and execution of strategies and programs that maximize Frontier’s market share and profitability in the multi-family MDU and planned single-family community business.
Director will lead the West Region Community Connections team, dedicated to the sales and service of the MDU and SFU/HOA business units. This role partners directly with marketing, product, and sales operations teams to ensure a holistic strategy for addressing the market and end-user. This role also has responsibility for improving Frontier’s CLV related to multifamily cost position and overall operating model with a laser focus on the customer.
Responsibilities include the following:
Define strategy and approach to MDU segmentation and prioritize opportunities in B2B and B2C space in partnership with marketing, engineering and operations.
- Deliver blended results across two sets of Quota teams with criteria focused on property penetration.
- Analyze data and evaluate opportunities with the lens to maximize revenue and optimize expense. Validate attractiveness of economics.
- Manage 5 strategic Consumer Segments and comprehensive approach to attack from developer to end-user consumer, while effectively positioning Frontier to win against the competition.
- Maintain an efficient staffing model to facilitate MDU penetration within Frontier managed portfolio
- Leverage regional consumer insights to identify business opportunities and strategies; proactively assess, clarify and validate customer needs and satisfaction by engaging with properties and developers.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks. Identify opportunities to proactively winback previously lost buildings.
- Develop and execute an overall strategy to capture market share, grow revenues and generate profitable business within all assigned channels and across all product categories in planned community space.
- Drive market growth through portfolio and partnership expansion with full accountability to deliver consumer revenue.
- Develop and manage execution of all new MDU initiatives, ensuring customer experience is optimized and key sales objectives and revenue targets are met.
- Analyze data to achieve accurate targets and forecasts, ensuring projections are in line with operational goals and overall company growth strategy.
- Drive penetration through tools that engage Leasing agents and vendor employees.
Accountable for MDU Sales organization, spanning business development, account management, channel coverage and consumer end-user sales.
- Manage and stabilize an effective regional sales organization, including sales roles, coverage models and compensation and incentive programs.
- Align and adjust the sales team’s objectives with overall business strategy
- Deliver against aggressive monthly, quarterly and annual quota sales targets.
- Creates an environment that stimulates an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated organization focused on continuous improvement to support MDU sales and strategy
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while delivering results in a high-change, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to collaborate / partner with various teams across organization to drive initiatives and results
- Retain and refresh talented employees. Lead and coach a team of mid-level managers and senior leaders, motivating the team to the next level and identifying developmental opportunities.
- Proven ability to deliver expected performance results and ability to drive to the next level.
Previous Experience and Educational Requirements
- Location in TX or CA required
- 5+ years’ experience of increasing leadership responsibility in sales, contracts or operations support role within the telecommunications or cable industry.
- B2B and B2C sales leadership required, alternate channel experience a plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively deliver plans with both internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with executives, department heads, mid- and lower level management, vendors and other stakeholders
- Previous large team management required
- Travel required
- BA/BS required
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.