MPLS Network Architect
The successful candidates will join a team of Network Architects to establish a National Next Generation (HBE) High Bandwidth Ethernet Transport network. The HBE network will support all existing and emerging technologies and applications such as 5G xHaul, NGPON backhaul, Edge Cloud, DCI, SD-WAN, Timing Distribution, Carrier Ethernet, and Circuit Emulation. An MPLS Network Architect is responsible for setting strategic direction and company-wide standards for Optical, Ethernet, and MPLS-based network architectures and services. This position will involve extensive time executing lab evaluations to make vendor, platform, protocol, and architecture selections for the Frontier High Bandwidth Ethernet Transport Network.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong background in routing technologies such BGP, MPLS, VPLS, Segment Routing, EVPN, ISIS-SR, OSPF-SR, BGP-LU, etc.
- CCIE/JNCIE, Routing and Switching (or similar certification) preferred
- Experience with Nokia SROS, 7750-SR, 7250-IXR, NSP
- Experience writing and conducting comprehensive Lab evaluations
- Strong background in MEF-based Ethernet Service Architectures and technologies such as ELINE, ELAN, E-ACCESS, CFM, Y.1731, Y.1564, Policing, Shaping, QoS, L2CP handling, SLAs, NIDs, etc.
- Experience with Ciena SAOS 10.x/6.x, CN81xx/51xx/39xx, MCP
- Experience with Rad ETX-203AX, ETX-205A, ETX-220A, ETX-2i10G, Radview
- Subject matter expert in industry standards related to Optical, Ethernet, and MPLS-based protocols and service architectures (e.g. IEEE, MEF, ITU, IETF, ONF, ETSI).
- Experience with Optical Networking technologies such as Flex-Grid ROADM, CFP2-DCO, QSFP56-DD, Coherent Optics, 16-64 QAM, ZR/ZR+
- Experience writing Engineering, Provisioning, Planning and Architecture Guidelines
- Experience with Spirent Test Center
- Familiarity with Netconf, Orchestration, Automation, and MEF LSO
- Familiarity with YAML, Python, Perl, or other such scripting languages
OTHER GENERAL DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years related experience
- Familiarity with 4G/5G network architectures
- Familiarity with Access Networking technologies such as EFM, GPON, XGS-PON, VDSL2, and G.Fast
- Experience with Ethernet timing protocols such as 1588v2 PTP, Sync-E
- Familiarity with SD-WAN and NFV technologies
- Ability to work with a Team to drive improvement of Processes
- Eager to learn new technologies, lead efforts to acquire these technologies, and enable knowledge transfer to Operations, Engineering, and Planning
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.