Sr. Director, Product Management – Carrier Ethernet and Wave
Sr. Director, Product Management – Carrier Ethernet and Wave
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Sr. Director, Product Management – Carrier Ethernet and Wave is responsible for defining and driving the strategic direction of the Carrier Ethernet and Wave (DWDM) Services portfolio and making sure it aligns with the goals of the Senior Leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and ensuring the success of a team of Product Managers and additional staff who will be tasked with product development, product quality, product lifecycle, market analysis, vendor negotiations, etc amongst other duties. This role requires strong leadership skills, the ability to delegate, and a willingness to work cross-functionally to meet development, revenue, and launch goals.
This role reports to the SVP of Product and Marketing.
You will be responsible for delivering a strategy for the maintenance and eventual migration of customers from legacy Connectivity Solutions (SONET, TDM, Metro-E, TLS, and etc) to products belonging to our strategic product portfolio for Retail, Wholesale, and Carrier. You will be required to identify stakeholders in all relevant segments and work cross-functionally to fully realize these strategies and see them through to their success.
You will also be responsible for enabling the revenue growth of our Enterprise-grade Internet Access, Cloud Access, Ethernet, and Wave products by having a laser focus on market demand and leading your team to product outcomes that exceed expectations. This will also require you to work cross-functionality to ensure Sales Enablement, Marketing, Training, Field Operations, IT, Engineering etc are in sync to facilitate friction-less product launches that facilitate revenue growth.
This role demands strong business acumen, leadership skills, and the abiity to analyze revenue and produce reports that communicate the performance of the product to all levels of leadership. It is imperative that the individual in this role is a subject matter expert with significant experience in MEF/Carrier Ethernet, DWDM and their use cases in a Retail, Wholesale, and Carrier.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Execute new Products and bundles from conception through launch, including managing the product development and go to market launch process in partnership with Marketing and Solutions Engineering.
- Manage the product portfolio from ideation to grandfathering to ensure a seamless releases and the growth of the product.
- Assist in the management of legacy connectivity revenue by developing and executing a strategy of plays to migrate customers to strategic products.
- Engage and interview customers, sales, sales engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders in defining key functional requirements associated with the customer needs and experience for new development, feature enhancements, and overall improvements to the portfolio.
- Oversee regular technological assessments with industry innovations into all messaging, internal and external presentations, sales playbooks and user personas
- Conduct regular market and customer research with attention to product acceptance, usage, success and course corrective measures back into the Connectivity Solutions portfolio strategy.
- Assist in developing and defining the competitive landscape with a transference of those key learnings into differentiation with a distinct customer value proposition.
- Prepare, define and deliver product content (collateral, white papers, use cases, solutions briefs, internal/external presentations) and training for sales and sales engineering.
- Create and Maintain Key Performance Indicators dashboard for all supporting metrics within the Connectivity Solutions portfolio
Background and Skills
- Experience working for both traditional Telecom and Cable/MSOs in IT, Engineering, Marketing or Sales
- Demonstrable history of direct cooperation with Sales teams that resulted in increases in productivity and booked revenue
- Ability to create portfolio relevant training materials and deliver them in an engaging/exciting manner
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Strong influencing skills
- High attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Good commercial acumen
- Agent for change – will constructively challenge status quo
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong, independent problem-solving skills translating into solution-oriented results for varying cross-functional organizations and matters.
- Proven ability to lead, delegate and empower other organizations to align on a common goal/deliverable with final execution
Experience and Requirements:
- MEF 2.0 CECP required
- 5+ years of product management, marketing and/or sales experience.
- Experience presenting and speaking to wide-ranging audiences (including senior executives), customer visits, webinars, training, trade shows and industry events.
- Ability to connect with the sales and marketing teams to develop and execute an effective GTM strategy.
- Strategic thinker with an innate ability to articulate a strategy and product vision.
- Project management skills to execute a product roadmap, moving a project from inception to completion.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities – must be able to identify and escalate potential issues as well as implement recommended solutions.
- Proven ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects within a limited span of time.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Possess stellar, tenacity and the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Industry and or Technical Certifications a plus
- The ability to travel 60% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master or advanced degree is a plus. Relevant industry experience will also be considered.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.