Mission: To design and manage a standard and reliable broadband network that supports current and future products and services for our customers.
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Network Engineer for this posting is to understand and design access serving electronics providing broadband services. As such they will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on state-wide designs for implementation. They will be expected to write projects implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to provide answers to questions regarding installation and function of the equipment when being placed in service. They will also be required to understand circuit design and routing through this equipment and will be expected to understand and work in the system used for this purpose (M6-Varasset).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detail Broadband design engineers
- Order creation and processing
- Remote cabinet placement and design standards
- Issue project to maintain port capacity DSLAMs/OLTs
- Issue Congestion Relief projects to minimize customer impact
- CAF2 lead contact for site costing, gating, engineering, and deployment
- Manage M6 BCOE queues
- Ensure intervals are met
- Implement process improvements to streamline the process
- Ensure Architecture and Planning standards are adhered to
- EoC Project detailed design
- Issue work orders to groom/migrate customers:
- NGB/BRAS migrations of DSLAMs
- OLT migrations
- DSLAM to DSLAM grooming
- Process Automation Initiatives – orchestration
Equipment Knowledge of:
- Nokia – 73XX
- Ciena ROADM Z77, Z33
- Coriant ROADM
- RAD ETX
- Cisco 3600, 6509, 7206, 15454
- Adtran – OPTI6100, MX2820, TA5000, TA1X48
- Calix – C7, E3, E7
- Fujitsu – Flashwave 4X00
- Actelis – ML2300, ML648
- Canoga Perkins – 9145
Work in and understand engineering systems:
- Infinium - work order estimating and material ordering system
- M6 - Circuit and equipment inventory and design system
- Varasset – Work Order Project Flow
- Various web-based programs
Specifications: Individuals filling this position must be able to work well under pressure, handle stress and be well versed in interoffice engineering and construction. The individual must have a working knowledge of ring topologies (point-to-point, linear chain, add a drop, BLSR, UPSR, etc). They must also understand Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria. They will also be expected to understand accounting guidelines, tariffs, and have a strong capital budget background. Individuals must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time and must have good verbal and written communications skills.
Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal), and computer skills particularly around Microsoft Office products. B.S. in Engineering or equivalent is desirable or a minimum of 5 years of experience in a data or circuit-related position. Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.