AS/400, Sr. Application Developer
AS/400, Sr. Application Developer - Job Description
Frontier Communications is seeking a Senior DPI Developer with RPG experience on the AS/400 to support development DPI Plant Inventory Systems . The Senior Developer will work with other team members to analyze and correct system issues, develop express requests and enhancements. This is a development role working with Business Partners, Project Management, Testing, and Implementation.
- Programming Background in: RPGIV, RP ILE, CL, DDS,DDL, Java
- Telecom experience is highly desirable and DPI specific experience is a plus
- 3+ years of experience with API development
- Experience with Turnover, Hawkeye, DBU, STRDBG, SQL experience.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and lifecycle processes
- Familiarity with Java development concepts, web service development and service oriented architectures
- Define, document and execute test cases to effectively validate code changes being maintained
- Expected to maintain application documentation, including functional/technical design documents, unit and UAT test cases, and implementation documentation
- Investigate and resolve system issues (bugs) in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Provide support for applications developed and be able to resolve problems encountered
- Proven ability to apply technology to the solution of real world business problems and will be considered subject matter expert in business functional domains.
- This support is both during normal work hours and off hours 24/7, as required, to bring application back into Service Level Agreement times
- Follow company coding technique standards and change management processes
- Must possess excellent communications skills to be able to work within the internal IT and business organizations as well as our outside vendors
- College degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in information technology and a willingness to learn the tools not presently understood
- Telecommunications functional areas, provisioning and plant systems experience desirable
- Experience with dynamic Information Technology environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and user-focused
- Monitor Break Fix ques and provide resolutions through analysis and program fixes
- Support submitted Enhancement Requests for development
- Participate in Team and Project meetings
- Provide project feasibility analysis for proposed projects
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.