Payroll Specialist Grp 3
Title: Payroll Specialist - Grp 3
Location: 3441 W Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY
Union: Rochester Regional Joint Board, 2714, Workers United
- Perform daily/weekly payroll department operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Maintain Payroll records accurately
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Process manual checks, relocations, stock options and other ancillary payroll items
- Research and email appropriate audience of file issues
- Complete verifications of employment
- Vouchering of payments to vendors
- Data entry for payroll related employee changes
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Prior experience processing multi-state payroll, in-house preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
Additional Information: Center hours of operation are 8:00 – 5:00.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.