Vehicle Maintenance Tech
Job Opening ID: 2697
VEHICLE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Location: 5301 W Sligh Ave - Tampa, FL
Hiring Manager: Dale Buterbaugh
Wage Schedule: A
Post Dates: 10/16/19 - 10/25
Maintain safe and compliant operation of Frontier Fleet equipment on vehicle chassis, ancillary mounted equipment, trailers and mobile equipment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections on Company vehicles and equipment
- Perform comprehensive maintenance work on chassis and ancillary equipment
- Diagnose and repair of drive-train components
- Diagnose and repair of AC and DC electrical systems
- Diagnose and repair automotive HVAC systems
- Diagnose and repair of hydraulic systems
- Maintain paper and digital automotive and equipment maintenance service records
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks associated with fleet maintenance
- Tests: Results obtained from the Frontier interview for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company
- Administrative: Must be proficient with computer, including but not limited to email, MS Excel, and MS Word. Must be proficient in locating online information and materials. Must possess good to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain a clean working environment and safety record.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within 180 days of hire date, a valid unrestricted Class A Commercial Driver's License, including Air Brake endorsement. If required at the assigned job site, must demonstrate proficiency in the operation of a vehicle equipped with standard (manual shift) transmission. License must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- If applicable to the state of hire, candidate must possess, or obtain within 180 days of hire date, a valid state emissions inspector AND state emission repair license. License must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to identify differences in colors.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull heavy items frequently up to 120 pounds.
- Five years previous vehicle mechanical experience is preferred.
- May be required to work day, swing, or night shift. Normal workweek is Monday-Friday, however there may be an occasional need to work weekends.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.