Sr. IT Testing Analyst
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier Communications is seeking a Sr. Testing Analyst to join our growing IT QMO team. This position is responsible for development of Test plans, test cases for IT system enhancements that align business goals, IT Initiatives, and technology considerations. This position is also responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining manual and automated test scripts for application checkouts, progression and regression testing.
This individual will work as part of the Quality Management Organization to ensure that business needs and plans are integrated with IT System Testing delivery.
This position will specifically work on projects supporting the Field Operations Portfolio for residential and commercial projects. With the primary project being Blue Planet which consists of efforts that affect Assignment, Dispatch, and Provisioning of our various product offers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze business requirements and technical requirements to determine system test schedules and detailed estimates of work
- Able to query and analyze plant related information and testing artifacts to assist in determination of system test estimates. Examples would include analysis of order volumes, flow through volumes, manual or automation testing and plant data records
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness or to determine gaps. Demonstrate knowledge of requirements traceability and applicability
- Able to leverage online plant reference guides to validate processes and workflows
- Hands-on ability to write, modify, and review test cases for validation of central functions of inventory assignment, provisioning, and dispatch
- Hand-on ability to execute tests to validate across multiple domains and applications
- Demonstrate ability with testing of features and functions at user interfaces (UI) for validation against backend systems and/or databases to identify anomalies
- Familiarity with testing web services to identify anomalies
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of HP ALM to manage testing Artifacts: Test Plan Module for test case development, Test Lab Module for test execution, and Defect Module for Defect Management
- Ability to establish, modify, move and/or manage test data for various testing scenarios
- Familiar with model of executing both manual scripts and automated scripts developed by onsite Automation Team.
- Ability to triage and rerun scripts as needed for troubleshooting of complex issues (network, hardware, software) by using tools such as QC ALM, Sprinter and screen shots to help coordinate resolution of issues
- Functional knowledge regarding AS400 GUI/ Green Screen, Order (all REQ Types) and Trouble Ticketing
- Basic knowledge of network elements and their management system (EMS), ISO model of networking
- Technical knowledge of Tibco, ESB, Remedy systems a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and database technologies – design and implementation
- Must adhere to corporate/team etiquette
- Familiar with reporting status and completion of tasks at meetings or as requested
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience in Web Service testing using XML is a plus
General Specifications for Testing Analyst Position:
- Requires excellent understanding of Quality Assurance principles across both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Telecom, Provisioning and Facilities background required
- Strong collaboration skills to work alongside different members of a project team
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills coupled with initiative and accountability. Will need to do research and have strong time management skills. Must be self-starter highly motivated to obtain goals and results
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends
- Responsible, self-starter and team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact at various levels in the organization
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation as requested
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- HP/ALM test case design and creation, test case execution
- HP/ALM Sprinter and use of screen shots to help coordinate resolution of issues
- HP/ALM defect management; detection, reporting with screen shots, tracking, overall lifecycle
- Test methodologies; QA principles. SDLC knowledge and general understanding
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS and Soap UI a plus
- Confluence and Jira experience a must
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior IT System Test Analyst experience or experience as a user of IT applications with specific business knowledge within the Telecommunications Industry
- Preferred 5+ years of experience with AS400 backend, Field Ops, and/or Assignment/Provisioning testing
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.