BI Developer (Dashboards - Spotfire)
Sr. Technical Analyst - Job Description
The position will be a member of the IT Project Management Office, reporting to the Director, and responsible for developing dashboards and complex reports using Tibco Spotfire and Jira. This position requires a seasoned Tibco Spotfire developer with Jira experience, proficient at analyzing data to develop customizable, filterable, high-impact dashboards in Tibco Spotfire.
The successful candidate will have well-rounded IT project management professions with reporting background in both Agile and waterfall frameworks. He/she will migrate existing waterfall methodology reports to the Agile framework by providing insights into industry best practices, and a clear understanding of the reporting capabilities of the tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build filters, custom dashboards, and reports to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports using Tibco Spotfire and Jira tools
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user-facing documentation for internal reports and dashboards
- Provide recommendations to end users and leaders on best practices and standardization in implementing Spotfire reports
- Migrate existing waterfall dashboards and reports to the Agile framework as processes convert
- Developing metrics reports for different use cases and audiences (i.e. leadership, business users, managers, development teams)
- Integrate APIs to create Dashboard metrics.
- Modify/Update/Design Spotfire Dashboards. Modify/Update/Design data models to be used by various reporting and data discovery tools.
- Serve as internal SME for the PMO on Spotfire reporting
- Utilize strong database and data warehouse skills to best utilize program data in BI Reporting using Spotfire
- Consult on ways to optimize and improve on existing reports
- 5+years of experience in Business Intelligence
- 3+ years of experience working with Tibco Spotfire
- 3+ years of experience in a software development environment using Jira
- Experience integrating API s to create Dashboard metrics.
- Must have experience utilizing and optimizing SQL queries
- Must have experience using JQL statements & data extraction from Jira
- Ability to manage relationships on all levels from Team Member to Executives
- Ability to delivery Executive Level work products such as presentations, plans, etc.
- Strong communication/presentation skills to effectively interact with clients, internal teams and leadership
- Effectively prioritizes work, troubleshoots issues, communicates, and completes tasks on time
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint and MS Word)
- Experience in Confluence, Tempo
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.