Alternate Channel Operations MGR
The Manager of Alternate Channel Operations is responsible for the effectiveness of Alternate Channel processes and procedures relating to supporting the sales channels including face-to-face, digital and multi-dwelling unit channels. Specifically, this role acts as the lead regarding implementation of all order-entry operations and integration with Frontier sales partners both internal and external. This include efficiency of current operations and implementation of future system changes and enhancements.
- Create, document and ensure adherence to Alternate Channel processes and procedure.
- Vendor on-boarding processes
- Vendor ordering processes
- Liaison to Frontier IT
- Represent Alternate Channels during system requirements gathering
- Ensure channel readiness related to system enhancements, monthly releases, product and price changes, etc.
- Create scalable solutions to a wide variety of sales issues
- Identify and drive system improvements that enable Alternate Channel Sales
- Position is responsible for project managing any large projects that are outside of the scope of the day to day functions outlined above.
- The position needs to be able to turn large amounts of raw data into information that is usable by key stakeholders
- Requires strong communications skills, strong analytical thinking, strong Excel skills, and some knowledge of databases and database structures.
- Experience in sales operations or sales support
- While this is a non-technical role, candidate should be comfortable working with internal and external technology teams
- Experience working with third party sales vendors is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required. Database skills are a benefit, but not required
- Strong project management skills
- Previous experience in Jira and Wiki is a plus
PMP - certifications or requirements are preferred.
Frontier Alternate Channels account for 55% of Frontier Broadband Sales. This position is ultimately responsible for supporting all stakeholders, systems, and processes that enable continued channel growth. The position responsibilities are varied and fast paced. The successful candidate will be able to adapt to the ever-changing environment.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.