Senior Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,400 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Senior Vice President of Strategic Partnerships to significantly enhance the company’s capacity to engage and grow our existing key strategic business relationships (“strategic partnerships”).
Reporting to the President and Chief Revenue Officer in this newly created role, you will:
- Take ownership and management of the strategic partnerships.
- Systematically focus on creating and applying best practice to the management of the strategic partnerships including annual account plans, QBR’s, in-depth analysis of current program results and benchmarking against similar partnerships.
- Own the ongoing positioning of Freedom with key influencers in these partner organizations, including mapping the org structure, determining where the key influencers are, developing relationships with them, identifying the detractors and having a strategy to handle, etc.
- Build processes and systems that can be applied to other business partnerships that are not directly managed by this group but will benefit from a systematic approach to managing the relationship. In short, create a center of excellence around this function that can positively impact those other relationship management functions.
- Ultimately, you have responsibility for managing and delivering on the growth plan and P&L of the enterprise-level strategic partnerships.
What You will be Doing:
- Create and drive the strategic on-boarding and growth initiatives for all business development related partners brought into the firm..
- Provide strategic leadership and have P&L responsibility for the Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) Wholesale Business
- Lead the development of an enterprise-wide platform that would match consumers with appropriate partner offers to address the consumers’ debt challenges when Freedom services are not the right fit.
- Bring best practices to the management of the top 10-20 enterprise-level strategic partnerships that do not fall within the portfolio described above.
What the ideal profile looks like:
- 10+ years of experience in strategic partnerships with a background in marketing and or product.
- Demonstrated passion and ability to lead within in high growth companies.
- Collaborative, intellectually curious mindset.
- Relationship manager. Must have highly evolved relationship management skills and experience, including senior executive level interactions in past roles with C-level execs and marketing leaders. Current contacts with relevant strategic partners are a major plus factor.
- People manager. Successfully run teams in the past including those who manage the most strategic relationships in a company. Managing marketing and/or product at some point in their career would significantly strengthen your ability to succeed in this role.
- Structure and Process. Have capacity to build a partner management plan and process that will move Freedom from being reactive to being proactive in these strategic partnerships.
- Data Driven. Leverage data extensively in the management of the partners, the development of our strategic plans in each area, and ultimately in the management of the execution of the plans.
- Strategic planning. A history of effectively developing and communicating strategic plans related to their areas of responsibility and then executing against them with focus and persistence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field of study. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus factor.
Why join the Freedom Family?
- Be a part of a company that is disrupting the financial services industry for the good of everyday people.
- Create and scale a new group within an organization that continues to grow year over year.
- Drive significant value to a rapidly growing organization in a high-profile position.
- Work with people who are passionately committed to providing innovative financial solutions.