Director of Accounting
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom is seeking a Director of Accounting supporting corporate accounting operations and Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) business. Our ideal candidate will bring their accounting expertise to support our continued expansion and the increasing complexity of the business. This individual manages the Corporate Accounting team and the Accounts Payable team and reports into the VP Controller.
- Responsible for monthly accounting close and financial reporting for Corporate Shared Services and FDR.
- Navigates complex accounting topics along with revenue recognition, consolidations, and intercompany and shared service allocations.
- Manages the accounts payable operations fostering best in class processes.
- Drives continuous process improvements while focusing on building and maintaining internal controls to drive financial integrity across our critical systems and processes.
- Coordinates and supports year-end and interim audits performed by independent auditors.
- Partners with the FP&A team to understand and outline variances to plan and support monthly forecasting.
- Works across the organization to drive efficiencies across the business and accounting operations.
- Builds thorough and accurate account reconciliations, documentation and processes within accounting.
- Supports in partnership with the Financial Transformation Team the ERP system ensuring financial integrity
- Leads and mentors teams supporting an environment that fosters career development.
- Partners with Payroll and Benefits to ensure proper treatment for financial reporting.
- Partners with internal tax and treasury on accounting matters and strategy.
- CPA required, MBA or CFA a plus
- 5+ years of public accounting experience with financial services clients preferable
- 8-10 years of experience in controllership operations
- Familiarity with technical accounting topics and consolidation principles
- Understanding of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and Consolidations
- Advanced excel and database skills
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Leadership opportunity – build and manage a team of your own.
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible time off (uncapped)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.