Brand Marketing Manager
Brand Marketing Manager, Freedom Debt Relief
Freedom Financial Network
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company with a story to tell. A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. An established, profitable business with employees who love working here enough to vote it “Best Places to Work”. Whose customers say things like “they saved my marriage”, “they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money,” and “I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner.”
In a new and critical strategic role as Brand Marketing Manager for Freedom Debt Relief, you will lead brand marketing for our premiere debt settlement service to support our overall brand strategy and position our company for future growth. In this role, you will develop and execute programs that further our leadership position by rolling out product enhancements, develop integrated marketing campaigns that leverage our customers’ voices, and shepherd andn elevate our brand reputation to differentiate us in the market. You will report to the VP of Brand and support efforts to develop our brand platform, champion the brand across the company, and build and execute fresh content and campaigns that authentically tell our brand story.
To be successful in this role, you must be someone who understands the value of a brand and who is passionate about executing brand-building programs. You are a natural champion for the target consumers you serve. You are driven to better understand their needs and are committed to advocating for them in messaging and experience. You like jumping in to solve problems and take pride in the quality of your work. You have a track record of delivering outstanding results in a way that garners respect from your team members. You collaborate and work comfortably across teams and disciplines.
- Serve as a strategic advocate for our debt settlement target consumers across the company. Drive consistency and alignment in delivering on consumer needs with a holistic experience across all touchpoints. Synthesize and translate consumer insights into actionable initiatives that inform brand positioning, value propositions, and marketing messaging. Advocate for consumer needs across cross-functional initiatives including brand, product, UX, marketing, sales and service.
- Define positioning, messaging, and value propositions for Freedom Debt Relief brand and product initiatives. Ensure consistent communication of brand messaging across all touchpoints from initial engagement and throughout the customer journey. Drive consistent brand execution across marketing channels, websites, product experiences, and human interactions (Sales, Customer Service).
- Lead product marketing initiatives to announce strategic and differentiated product enhancements to key audiences.
- Lead strategic management of our online brand reputation across consumer review, recommendation and rating sites, social channels, content sites, affiliates, and SEO. Lead broader cross-functional brand offense and defense initiatives.
- Define and drive brand storytelling programs leveraging our customers in reviews, case studies and testimonials. Recruit, nurture and support a team of customer brand champions.
- Define positioning and messaging for our Freedom Debt Relief brand campaigns. Drive execution of upper- and full-funnel marketing campaigns from creative brief to launch.
- Champion the Freedom Debt Relief brand across the organization to ensure consistent application of brand platforms, messaging and guidelines.
- Market and competitive intelligence – serve as the internal expert on the competitive and market environment for debt settlement and debt management services and offerings targeting our consumer audience. Monitor and report on competitive initiatives, positioning, marketing, and product offerings.
- Define, monitor and report on key performance metrics for brand marketing programs.
- Identify needs and build out initiatives and programs to measure the impact of brand on company performance.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in brand strategy, brand or product marketing and brand execution. Both client-side and creative agency-side experience appreciated.
- Relevant experience in consumer financial services preferred – in banking, debt solutions, lending, or fintech.
- Strong track record of building effective marketing programs rooted in deep consumer insights. You are passionate about understanding and advocating for consumers in marketing initiatives, messaging and experience.
- Experience with full-funnel online and offline marketing initiatives, from broad awareness to targeted performance campaigns.
- Effective collaboration skills with the ability to build strong relationships, influence others and lead cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding communications, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills. You know how to develop strategic and execution plans and clearly convey them to partners and stakeholders. You are an engaging and compelling presenter.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- Forward-thinking, optimistic, and strategic. Success building a brand identity or evolving one.
- Energetic, assertive, results-oriented, self-starter with the desire and ability to go above and beyond. Seeks opportunities to contribute to the team’s broader success.
Why Join the Freedom Family?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees!
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday