Senior Procurement Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay and a fun team environment!
This Sr. Buyer position will assist the Procurement department in purchasing goods and services at the most favorable terms across all Freedom Financial Network entities. The Sr. Buyer will also be involved in qualifying suppliers, evaluating bids, routing and filing contracts, and reviewing invoices for accuracy, and in some cases, negotiating prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Additional responsibilities include monitoring supplier quality and maintaining a current database of supplier information. The Sr. Buyer will be responsible for learning and upholding the established purchasing methods, policies, and procedures of Freedom, and will conduct all business in accordance with such guidelines.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, agreements, supplier onboarding, and other documents required to acquire new or additional goods and services. Check all items for completeness and clarity, and obtain necessary missing information where required.
- Resolve any discrepancies with suppliers to the best possible advantage for Freedom.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reporting in a timely manner.
- Perform a wide variety of procurement tasks including, but not limited to: contract signature routing, database data entry and inbox management.
- Obtain and analyze quotes and orders for IT goods and services in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Keep requestors informed on delivery status and facilitate remediation with suppliers when needed.
- Follow-up / expedite orders as necessary to meet schedules, keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Keep the Procurement manager informed of all activities or problems and submit reports as requested.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ direct experience in procurement.
- Direct experience with Procure-to-Pay applications such as Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Ariba, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Drive)
- Strong problem solving skills with a detail-oriented mindset
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for servicing customers
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to apply mathematical concepts such as statistical data, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
- Positive approach and proactive attitude
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!