HCM Product Director
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are looking for an experienced HCM Product Director to join our Enterprise Products Team to drive forward a modernization program of our Employee Experience Platform. We have a tremendous opportunity to re-invent the Employee journey to attract and retain talent across Freedom’s growing business and Shared Service functions..
In this role, you will partner with HR stakeholders and business and functional leaders across the organization to build the best and creative employee experience platform to drive engagement, retention and revenue growth.
Product management at Freedom Financial Network provides thought leadership for vision and strategy, the business case, driving the planning process to build consensus and clarity on initiatives. As a product director, you will define your roadmap, and will have full ownership of it with autonomy and ability to directly impact the business. You will work closely with engineering, design, analytics and data science, and business stakeholders to execute on your roadmap and help customers improve and achieve their financial health.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, proactive, passionate and experienced Product director to innovate and execute on our next generation products and experiences.
- Research and finding opportunity (30%)
- Identify, define and document business needs, objectives and current problems
- Identify opportunities for achieving positive outcomes through information systems and/or non-system changes
- Research and document areas of opportunity
- Defining opportunity (30%)
- Assist in analyzing the feasibility of, and developing requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users
- Define and document current business processes and flows
- Author stories that provide context and acceptance criteria for projects, features, and enhancement requests
- Assist with tracking and documenting changes for functional and business stories
- Supporting and assessing changes (40%)
- Work with HR/Total Rewards leadership and IT teams and assist with strategy development, implementation execution, and other general support needs across all technology platforms when necessary
- Act as a liaison between functional end-users, technology teams, and training teams
- Work with Business Intelligence to track impacts to the target metrics and assess whether desired outcomes have been achieved
- Be a subject matter expert regarding business context for system changes
- Supervisory/Management Role
- Lead the effort to define the roadmap, set the team's goals, strategic direction, success metrics and roadmap to develop new products that are aligned with Freedom’s mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies.
- Recruit and Retain Talent
- Execute Performance Management Processes
- Collaborate and influence overall Enterprise Applications Roadmap as part of the IT Leadership team
- Be the voice and advocate for the HR & Systems Strategy - understand Freedom’s customers wants and needs and their pain points across the journey
- Understand Freedom Financial Network's strategic goals and be the driver for employee engagement and improving the employee experience
- Completely own the team's products, existing or new, across the lifecycle - from ideation, through agile development, to launch, growth and maintenance. Establish the proper frameworks to constantly measure and improve.
- Communicate clearly to all levels - roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences.
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analyst, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision.
- Responsible for Intake and troubleshooting any issues
- Act as the primary liaison between HR, Total Rewards and Technology teams to document and troubleshoot potential issues
- Assess impact and proactively provide updates to key stakeholders and affected groups
- Analyze and provide measurements of business impact to prioritize solutions for both immediate and long-term resolutions
- Work with the IT team, supporting vendors, and end users for UAT, assisting in QA and UAT directly when necessary, to expedite required changes
- Closely monitor releases and change management in order to trace back root causes
- Partner with HR Training to ensure system changes are accounted for in procedures and training materials
- Must have 10+ years of HCM Product Management experience.
- At least 5 years as a HCM Business Analyst/Process SME, developing/deploying HCM products, features, and business/technology strategies that directly impact employees and drive culture
- Experience with Oracle HCM Implementation - including understanding and driving process improvements and automation of the following HCM processes - Benefits, Talent acquisition, learning and development, hr-shared services, performance and goals, Total Rewards, and HCM analytics.
- Experience leading teams of 10-15 people
- Executive presence and Collaboration
- Strong customer empathy and previous experience working on business-facing or customer-facing product flows.
- Have an ‘eye of design’ and experience with working with design
- Strong execution ability and experience taking a concept from idea to launch
- Experience with A/B testing and tools.
- You are independent, with a natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem.
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects while aligning stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, and other audiences, including the ability to develop recommendations and present findings to management
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment in which you will need to simultaneously take ownership for bringing multiple issues to resolution
- Interested in improving processes through technology
- Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
- Experience working with Oracle Cloud or other HCM
- Previous experience as an SME or domain expert in HCM
- Ability to document current business processes and find pain points for end users
- Master's degree preferred (Business, Human Resources or analytical field a plus) or equivalent experience