Vice President, Corporate Communications
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company with a story to tell. A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move their finances forward. A business that has grown to unicorn status without VC funding. With employees who love working here enough to vote it “Best Places to Work” more than 10 times. Whose customers say things like “they saved my marriage” or “they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money” or “I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner.”
We are looking for a seasoned VP of Corporate Communications who will elevate our integrated communications strategy and build and lead a best-in-class corporate communications team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will shape our company narrative for strategic stakeholders. This role will be instrumental in telling the story of Freedom Financial Network to its most important constituents in a way that reflects the uniqueness of the company, our employees, our customers, and our communities.
To be successful, you are someone who knows how to build a high-performing communications structure that enables us to speak with one voice to deliver a consistent narrative that informs and inspires stakeholders and creates passionate advocates for our company. You know how to work with C-level executives, board members, investors, regulators and policy makers. You are able to exert influence both internally and externally. You want a strategic seat at the table to drive critical conversations about how our business can continually improve and remain relentlessly consumer-focused. You build programs and platforms that establish meaningful relationships with government and influencer audiences. You are a terrific communicator and listen to all sides before stating your informed point of view. You have a track record of delivering outstanding results in a way that garners unparalleled respect from both your stakeholders and the audiences you serve.
- Define and execute an Integrated Corporate Communications strategy to drive our company narrative as the consumer-centric industry leader offering debt solutions for everyday Americans who are struggling or striving to improve their financial situation.
- Proactively generate business value by engaging employees internally and amplifying consistent messages externally to build positive perceptions and motivate supportive action from key stakeholders.
- Build and lead a best-in-class Corporate Communications team across all corporate communications functions: Executive Communications, Corporate Affairs, Investor Relations, Partner Communications, Public and Media Relations, Internal Communications, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Nurture and solidify relationships with critical audiences including consumers, partners, investors, regulators, legislators, media, employees, and prospective employees.
- Develop professional and impactful Executive Communications programs, tools and outreach in support of investor, board, and strategic partnerships. Establish senior leaders as industry thought leaders and promote their visibility at critical events and as expert resources for the media, consumer groups, and policy makers.
- Articulate and drive Government Relations and Public Policy initiatives. Develop and build relationships with the regulatory agencies, policy makers, consumer groups and thought leaders that regulate and monitor our industry.
- Develop our Investor Relations strategy, channels and content to strengthen our investor relationships and ensure clear, regular and consistent information sharing.
- Support business development and partner management teams with company storytelling, strategic messaging, communication tools and content.
- Reimagine and execute our Public and Media Relations strategy to shape and sustain our company narrative in the public arena. Develop relations with key media outlets and journalists via data-driven storytelling, HARO, and access to executive thought leaders.
- Maintain and expand our Internal Communications channels to engage and inspire employees, educate and inform them of key strategic and organizational initiative, and uphold our company culture and values.
- Elevate our current corporate philanthropy, charitable giving, and employee volunteerism into a full Corporate Social Responsibility strategy that supports our brand and establishes our company as a thoughtful and impactful corporate citizen.
REQUIREMENTS / CHARACTERISTICS:
- 10+ years of experience in strategic communications leadership.
- Exceptional leader who can drive strategy and define critical communications structure and processes. Experience, expertise, and a proven track record of making an impact through communications.
- Must have consumer finance experience in banking, lending, debt solutions, or fintech.
- Must be seasoned and well-versed in government affairs for financial services. Experience navigating and building bridges with the CFPB, FTC, and other regulatory bodies.
- Ability to attract, hire and lead top talent to build a world class communications team and function. As a leader, you inspire a culture of empowerment, collaboration, flawless execution, creative problem-solving, accountability, and trust.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- Forward-thinking, optimistic, and visionary. Success building a corporate identity or evolving one.
- Outstanding communications, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills.
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.