Senior Accountant - CPA
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom is seeking a Senior Accountant for our Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) Business. This position will report directly to the Senior Accounting Manager for FDR and play an integral role as it relates to the goals of the department, contributing to the compliance and efficiency of the team. This position will offer a hybrid remote status.
- Play a key role in the month-end closing processes
- Support the ERP implementation as a subject matter expert in accounting
- Maintain and approve general ledger and subsidiary journals
- Prepare and maintain accurate US GAAP compliance for balance sheet and statement of operations activities
- Conduct monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Assist with annual external audits, documentation, schedules, and disclosures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support FPA and management team for financial reporting performance and variance analysis
- Support and lead special projects as assigned
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA / CPA Candidate preferred
- Minimum 6 years in accounting field
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and ability to research accounting treatment for various transactions
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment while keeping management and other team members updated
- Need the ability to identify problems within areas of responsibility then investigate, develop and present detailed possible solutions
- Must be results-oriented, able to manage timelines and proactively communicate to various team members
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and drive to deliver high-quality work
- Oracle / Oracle Fusion Experience preferred
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader. Thank you for your consideration.