We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This position is responsible for providing support to Energy Advisors ensuring that information is accurate, files are maintained and continuously reviewed, and provides continuous communication with business contacts. This position is additionally responsible for managing customer grant processing, informing energy advisors of expiring grants and applications, and assisting customers and clients.
**Residency in NJ required for the program**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Coordinate with Energy Advisors to ensure proper organization of files, paperwork, and data entry as well as communication to the business contacts
- Assist customers with understanding how to participate in programs, how to get project incentives, and coordinating paperwork and applications
- Maintain, update, and add entries to the program databases accurately. This may require contacting clients and trade allies
- Establish proper organization and maintain a proper project file system
- Help maintain and update additional program spreadsheets relating to project tracking and scheduling of work
- Assist trade allies and customers to ensure they have the correct information and marketing materials to promote the energy efficiency incentives
- Provide assistance with customer service, scheduling and other issues as needed
- Answer the telephone and assist with mailing materials when needed
- Follow up with customers or Trade Allies to obtain information for incomplete applications
- Review project applications and documentation to ensure completeness and adherence to program rules and requirements. Communicate incentive changes and disqualifications to customers and Trade Allies
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Three years of previous office experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel 5% or less of the time
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer