As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
We are looking for an experienced, versatile, collaborative UI Designer to help create modern, easy-to-use and beautiful website page layouts, user interface components and digital campaigns for our clients and their customers. In this role, you will gather utilize client requirements to design graphic elements and website components. In addition to the creative team, you will be collaborating closely with the operations, technology, product and marketing teams to ensure our user interfaces and digital media are aligned with our client’s goals and the company’s overall growth strategy. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base. If you thrive when translating requirements to elegant, user-focused design, this is the job for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Must be able to continuously come up with effective ideas that are visually beautiful and engaging, in line with business requirements and client specifications/branding. Even when working off of limited information.
- Accountable to design the visual components of websites, e-commerce sites, digital campaigns, email marketing and the like to ensure an excellent, seamless user understanding of the digital materials and websites.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, wireframes and basic sitemaps as part of the website/ webpage design process.
- Accountable for design of graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets, and modals. Create original graphic designs (e.g., sketches, images, tables). Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions. Adhere to client and corporate brand standards in regard to fonts, colors, images and the like.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes, optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, that clearly illustrate what sites/products will look like.
- Translate user research, interviews and surveys gathered from the UX designers and Data Analysts into recommended visual updates. Complete approved layout and design adjustments.
- Collaborate with the innovation team, marketing team, and others in the development and execution of UI design and digital media needs for corporate and client marketing initiatives. Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Leverage digital workflow tool, document management system and other process improvements to increase efficiency of team and improve work.
- Ensure all best practices and processes are followed.
- Accountable for ensuring work is on brief, on brand, on time and of the highest quality.
- Mentor colleagues, while contributing to the overall team culture. Contribute to a positive, creative, fast paced and innovative marketing team environment.
- Create strong cross-functional relationships within the marketing and creative teams.
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of customer engagement, the demand side management industry and modern digital design best to contribute to your team as an expert. Research and showcase knowledge in graphic design at industry conferences and in award submissions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Graphic Design or related field
- Digital marketing experience preferred
- Certifications and specialized training a plus
- 3 – 5 years related experience, including demonstrated UI and digital design work
- Experience in energy efficiency, water conservation and/or demand response a major plus
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent eye for design, with extensive experience in digital design best practices and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design. A portfolio with work that demonstrates UI and digital graphic design capabilities is required for this position.
- A customer experience champion with the ability to see from our client’s perspective and serve as their advocate.
- Strong communication and demonstrated cross-functional collaboration skills. Ability to influence staff and clients on a 360 degree basis both up and down the organization is essential. Must be able to present complex designs and recommendations across technical and non-technical teams.
- Capable of taking feedback and working with stakeholders to establish and improve approved designs.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically XD, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a wide variety of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter with strong leadership skills.
- Proficient in standard UI software such as Sketch, Lucid Design, or similar is a plus.
- A working knowledge of automated marketing tools such as HubSpot is strongly preferred. HubSpot certifications, especially Design and Growth-Driven Design certifications, a major plus.
- A working knowledge of e-commerce website management tools such as BigCommerce, Shopify or Magneto is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with digital workflow tools (e.g., Workfront, InMotion) and digital asset management systems (e.g., Canto) preferred.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel less than 10%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
At Franklin Energy Services, LLC and AM Conservation Group, the health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. As such, and to comply with President Biden’s Federal Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all offers of employment are contingent on providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (meaning that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine regimen.) The company will review and determine reasonable accommodations for those in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer