Senior Software Engineer (ETL)
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multi-generational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
The Senior Software Engineer will work on the within the Technology Group to expand, enhance and strengthen our technology platform to amplify the Company’s competitive advantage in the market. The team is primarily responsible for helping meet the business needs of the company, providing technical and administrative support for the company’s custom software solutions – both internally developed and externally managed. This position requires the incumbent to provide architecture and support in the design and implementation of innovation projects, feature enhancements, defect resolution and increased scalability as part of our platform. The Senior Software Engineer works within an Agile team environment. This particular position will have a focus on integrations and large data implementations. You will work both independently and as a team for certain projects and individual tasks. The environment varies from high paced actions with moments of heads down quiet individual work. We operate in a LAMP stack environment and skill set.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide development, oversight, and management of custom web applications and integrations.
- Work with central support and operations teams to provide technical solutions to solve application and business needs.
- Be a strong collaborator with subject matter experts, project managers and technology team members to meet platform development goals.
- Apply in-depth technical knowledge to develop applications across one or more technology areas such as web applications, APIs (e.g. REST and SOAP), web services and application database integrations.
- Plan, design, develop, test and debug enterprise applications.
- Document key SDLC processes by producing formal documents like solution architecture documents and technical system design specifications, etc.
- Participate in troubleshooting complex issues and resolving defects.
- Maintain code quality through unit testing.
- Document code appropriately for maintainability.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience required)
- 5+ years overall programming experience
- Strong background in object-oriented software engineering, design patterns, and Agile methodology
- Integration or ETL experience required
- Experience in at least one language of PHP, Python, or GoLang required
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Zend recommended
- Basic Experience with HTML, CSS and JS / Jquery
- Experience with Web Services (API, SOAP, REST, SSO, SAML)
- Experience with complex database queries – MySQL Required, Cassandra preferred.
- Experience using GIT Source Control
- AWS Cloud Services – Preferred
- Linux shell and simple bash scripting – Preferred
- Experience with AWS services, Docker – Nice to have
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Capable of problem solving and has superior communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
Estimated Wage Range: $91,400 - $110,000+
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, parental leave, and more!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Franklin Energy implements the use of dash cams inside their fleet of leased vehicles because the Company believes video surveillance devices (Dash Cams) promote the safety of employees as well as security within the company vehicles. The Company will not use video surveillance (Dash Cams) for any unlawful purpose including monitoring employees or giving the impression of monitoring. Our Dash Cam Policy applies to all employees of the Company and temporary agency employees, regardless of whether an employee or temporary agency employee may be driving or riding in Company Vehicles. The primary use of Dash Cams is to assist in the protection and safety of employees and property, prevention, and detection of criminal offenses such as vehicle vandalism and break-ins and staged-accident fraud, defense of legal claims, driver exoneration, and driver training and improvement.